Interspecies Conflict/Deadly Fights

Hi Jim,

Can I get any proofs of rhino vs crocodile
Or any links or video?

Nile croc vs Spanish bull
Tiger vs Spanish bull
Rottweiler vs hyena
King cobra vs mamba
King cobra vs largest centipede
Are elephants scared of crocodile? any proof of elephants killing crocodile

Hi Sid,

I'm sure if you use google you will be able to find whatever articles or videos are available

Nile Croc vs Spanish Bull- Pretty simple; if the bull is in the water the croc will kill it, on land the croc has little hope.

Tiger vs Spanish Bull- In a face to face fight I give the tiger little hope. The bull will simply not give it a chance to mount any sort of attack.

Rottweiler vs Hyena - The very best Rottweiler would give a good fight to a Striped or Brown Hyena, but against a Spotted Hyena it'll be outgunned. So using the smaller species, I think a good Rottie probably dominates a wrestle but likely gets caught by the powerful bite of the durable hyena eventually.

King Cobra vs Mamba - I'm unsure whether one or the other or both would be killed by the other's venom. I would guess both would be. The mamba likely strikes first but the larger cobra would be able to overpower and kill it before the venom sets in. Two dead snakes at the end though.

King Cobra vs Largest Centipede - The largest centipede is the 30cm long Peruvian Giant Centipede. Wouldn't stand a chance against the cobra.

I don't think adult elephants are really scared of anything except perhaps machinery (trucks, guns etc). Again, google is your friend.

Cheers Sid.  

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.