Interspecies Conflict/human

130kg brock lesnar (no weapons)
1) 100kg american black bear
2) 60kg rotwailer
3) 2 x 14kg wildcat

Hi David.

1) It would be interesting to see really, but I don't think even Lesnar is beating a bear at the 100 kg mark. It'll be smaller sure, but stronger and with far better weapons. A de-clawed and toothless bear would provide a good wrestling opponent for Lesnar, but otherwise it's no good for him.

2) Very tough again. I'd give Lesnar a good chance of winning, simply because he's a world class athlete and he should have the speed, accuracy and then strength to get hold of the dog and control it. A big Rottweiler could do huge damage to a human in a short space of time though.

3) Lesnar would win but he'd be covered in scratches! The wildcats don't have the ability to kill him, so it would just be a case of how long do they survive.

Cheers David.

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.