Interspecies Conflict/human

80kg man (50years old, no sport, litle musculatur, officer) vs 12kg wild cat

Hi David.

I think the man wins this. The physical size and strength difference here is enormous. I think something like a bobcat, caracal or Fishing cat is going to be pretty tough to handle, but a normal man should be able to do it. He'll be badly injured; potentially even some life-threatening wounds. But I highly doubt a 12 kg cat or any sort would be able to kill a normal sized man before it was killed itself.

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.