Interspecies Conflict/pig

1) 50kg pekari vs 20kg caracal
2) 50kg pekari vs 130kg brock lesnar
3) 50kg pekari vs 18kg ocelot
4) 130kg brock lesnar vs 20kg caracal

Hi David,

1) A caracal would have almost no chance against this peccary. At parity it is very unlikely to win, so this is a huge mismatch. Caracals just aren't designed to tackle something as tough as a wild suid.

2) Hard to say. This is a prey animal, but one that even jaguars have trouble with, and an abnormally large one. I would assume Lesnar could handle a 50kg peccary, but to actually kill it might be difficult. The longer it takes the more likely the nasty teeth of the peccary come into play.

3) Same as #1

4) Lesnar would win but with some nasty injuries.

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.