Interspecies Conflict/wild boar

Question
1) 200kg wild boar vs 3x 50kg wulf
2) 200kg wild boar vs 110kg jaguár
3) 250kg wild boar vs 150kg sumatran tiger

Answer
Hi David,

1) I think in a hunting scenario the wolves would have a better chance. They would chase and tire the boar before ever making any physical attack on it. In a front on fight they probably won't succeed. The boar is too tough and can do so much damage so quickly.

2) Well the jaguar can definitely kill a boar this big, especially this jaguar. In a fight I'm not sure I'd favour it; that's a decent size advantage for the boar and it has the tools to kill the jaguar. I'd have to favour the boar.

3) Pretty much as above. Tigers are also excellent killers of big prey, but without an ambush it's tough.

Hope that helps

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson