Interspecies Conflict/wild boar

1) 200kg wild boar vs 3x 50kg wulf
2) 200kg wild boar vs 110kg jaguár
3) 250kg wild boar vs 150kg sumatran tiger

Hi David,

1) I think in a hunting scenario the wolves would have a better chance. They would chase and tire the boar before ever making any physical attack on it. In a front on fight they probably won't succeed. The boar is too tough and can do so much damage so quickly.

2) Well the jaguar can definitely kill a boar this big, especially this jaguar. In a fight I'm not sure I'd favour it; that's a decent size advantage for the boar and it has the tools to kill the jaguar. I'd have to favour the boar.

3) Pretty much as above. Tigers are also excellent killers of big prey, but without an ambush it's tough.

Hope that helps

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.