Interspecies Conflict/More Fights

Hey BK, it's me Lawrence

1. I have an added description for Icaroraptor
It's full length is actually 17 feet
It's intelligence makes it prefer to fight from a safe distance, it prefers to shoot poison in the eye of it's opponents.
When fighting smaller animals, Icaroraptor prefers to use it's tail, it's tail whip can bring down 2000 pound force onto his enemies, it's because the muscle concentrations are in his jaw, his legs and his tail.
When not slashing or spitting, Icaroraptor can deliver a fatal bite, it controls it's jaw strength, so to control it's style, it can use a weaker bite to tear of flesh or a bone-crushing bite of 2000 pounds and it's kick can dent iron.

Lastly, Icaroraptor when in heat are extremely dangerous, they have the ferocity and aggression frightening enough to drive away a herd of sauropods, and a mother Icaroraptor is far more dangerous.

Icaroraptors live in packs of 10 in a forest, and they are warm-blooded so that means they can go on with winter, with their feathers keeping them warm. Icaroraptors have three mothers in each pack, when faced with a difficult situation, two packs can make a temporary alliance before they go back to their own territories.

Lastly, it's intelligence enables it to read it's opponents, observing them to see what move they'll make and what should be a proper counter-attack, their brains process information very fast enabling them to react immediately. Their intelligence is somehow nearly-sentient.
(I made these guys before and they reached sapience in Spore)

Now some fights,
20 Icaroraptors vs A Male Apatosaurus
20 Icaroraptors (In heat) vs 50 Helloids
A mother Icaroraptor vs 3 Helloids
A mother Icaroraptorr vs 2 Smilodon
2 mother Icaroraptors vs 4 lioness

And lastly, with the added capabilities of the Icaroraptor, what prey (prehistoric or present), can Icaroraptors kill? How far can they go? Will they make a huge adversary for humans?

Hello again Lawrence.

20 Icaroraptors vs A Male Apatosaurus: The male Apatosaurus will weigh much more than all 20 Icaroraptors combined (an Icaroraptor weighs 600kg), but it will be in trouble.  Apatosaurus used its size and its whip-like tail to defend itself, but one will have difficulty doing this against an army of Icaroraptors with the new enhanced abilities assigned to them.  Having the intelligence to know exactly how to attack (and avoid the tail of Apatosaurus) will be the key element in the Icaroraptor's success.  The eyes and neck of the sauropod will likely be targeted, and its demise will follow soon after.  For a comparison, imagine 20 Utahraptors attacking a single Apatosaurus.  Utahraptor is 20% lighter than Icaroraptor and not armed nearly as well, but I would still favor 20 Utahraptors to take out an Apatosaurus.  Typically with a group, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.  20 Icaroraptors win.

20 Icaroraptors (In heat) vs 50 Helloids: A single Icaroraptor weighs almost 2 1/2 times as much as a single Helloid.  A description of Helloid was given in the entry titled "New Species" from 1/18/15.  Basically, it is a tenacious, 250lb mustelid with 4" canines, 4" claws, and a 1500lb bite force.  The thick fur of the Helloids will protect them some, but it won't hold up to the slashing kicks of the Icaroraptors at every turn.  Icaroraptors are larger and more versatile in their attacking abilities than Helloids are, but Helloids are also comfortable fighting in a group, and the mustelids' attack can cause damage to the bodies of the raptors.  Although it certainly soups up their ferocity and aggression, I'm not sure if the state of being in heat will have an adverse effect on the Icaroraptors' discretion.  If they maintain their sharp intelligence (and ability to stategize) throughout the "being in heat" process, they should have enough overall advantages to prevail.  If they are haphazard or unorganized in their attack, they will likely lose.  Overall, probably close to a 50/50, but I believe the Icaroraptors have to be favored.

A mother Icaroraptor vs 3 Helloids: The mother Icaroraptor will have a gamut of weapons (strong bite, poison to spit, slashing scythe claws, powerful tail) and great reaction speed, but 3 Helloids attacking at once may be too much.  Killing one or two of the Helloids is a strong possibility, but preventing one of them from reaching a vulnerable spot with its 4" canines and 1,500lb bite force will be a challenge.  If the Helloids attack without regard to their own safety (with the sole purpose of making a kill even at the expense of their own lives), they will probably be able to pull this off more times than not.  Slight edge to the 3 Helloids, but the chances are great that all involved will die from sustained injuries.

A mother Icaroraptor vs 2 Smilodons: Smilodon populator weighed about 2/3 the weight of Icaroraptor.  Smilodon was a muscular, robust cat that likely wrestled prey items to the ground and dispatched them with its long upper canines.  In the matchup from the "New Species" entry Icaroraptor vs 2 Smilodons, I gave the edge to the Smilodons.  However, with the abilities of Icaroraptor being amped up (especially bite, tail, and superb reactions) and the fact that it's the more-dangerous mother, the Smilodons won't have the ability to finish as easily.  The big cats will have their chances, but they won't be quick enough to get into a great killing position before taking too much damage themselves.  Mother Icaroraptor wins.

2 mother Icaroraptors vs 4 lionesses: Each lioness, if maximum sized, will weigh about 30% of an Icaroraptor's weight.  Lionesses work very well as a team, but having 2 opponents will divide their forces and likely create two separate 2-vs-1 battles.  In the last matchup the 2 Smilodons weren't favored against a single mother Icaroraptor, and 2 lionesses won't be either.  The 4 lionesses will actually have trouble against a single Icaroraptor because of the raptor's increased abilities.  2 mother Icaroraptors win.

Q: With the added capabilities of the Icaroraptor, what prey (prehistoric or present), can Icaroraptors kill?  How far can they go?  Will they make a huge adversary for humans?
A: Because these Icaroraptors hunt in groups of at least 10, almost nothing will be off the menu.  Huge sauropods like Bruhathkayosaurus, Amphicoelias fragillimus, & Argentinosaurus might be large enough to warrant indifference from a group of Icaroraptors, but if these predators are determined to attack (and utilize the proper strategy), they have the ability to topple even these great giants.  Large theropods like Carcharodontosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, and others can pose a huge threat to an attacking group of Icaroraptors with their enormous bites, but even these savage carnivores can be overtaken by a large group of these creatures.  Formidable prehistoric animals like Triceratops, Steppe Mammoths, Elasmotherium, Megatherium, and others won't have the speed & weaponry to defend themselves against 10 Icaroraptors.  As far as terrestrial animals go (past or present), anything is a potential victim.  Present-day animals aren't as imposing as some of the prehistoric animals I've mentioned, but a few can put up a decent fight before their demise.  Elephants, rhinoceroses, hippopotamuses, large bovids, big cats, bears, and a few others are among the best land combatants we have to offer in today's world, but each of them would be prey for the Icaroraptor (if the group is large enough).  Depending on how many were introduced to this world (and how fast they could multiply), they would likely be an "invasive species" regardless of location.  In other words, how far they could go depends on population and reproduction rate.  The incumbent animals will need time to adapt defenses for the new arrivals, but won't be afforded that opportunity with the sudden introduction of Icaroraptors in their ecosystems.  They would likely be a big problem for humans, but the human race would probably use innovative methods (including advanced weapons) to eradicate the threat.  In the same way humans are "waging a war" against certain invasive species (fire ants, cane toads, snakeheads, etc.), they will probably act against the Icaroraptors with the same urgency once the predators began to wreak havoc in various parts of the planet.   

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

Questions regarding animal conflicts within realistic or unrealistic settings are welcome; my strength lies in medium-to-large species. Small animals (including birds of prey), prehistoric animals, sea creatures, and domestic dog breeds are usually within my scope, but to a lesser degree. I can't confidently answer hypothetical questions about human vs animal, arachnids, insects, or amphibians, but I am willing to field them nonetheless.

From a young age, I have been interested in animals. Starting with the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and World Book Encyclopedias, I have seen many animal shows and documentaries and have read multiple books on the subject. I have a solid understanding of the physiology of many animals and interspecies conflict in general.

Associate degree in unrelated field; biology classes in college.