Interspecies Conflict/Human Conflict

Hi BK, It's me Lawrence, I have  some other questions

What specific period of human history and in what civilisation do you think Icaroraptors can be an equal adversary, not overpowering or not too weak, just at equal firepower and an equal threat.

Smilodon vs Helloid
Grizzly Bear vs African Male Lion
10 Icaroraptors vs 20 Knights
10 Icaroraptors vs 15 Samurai

Hello Lawrence.

Q: What specific period of human history and in what civilization do you think Icaroraptors can be an equal adversary, not overpowering or not too weak, just at equal firepower and an equal threat.
A: Hard to say.  One factor to consider is what the population of the Icaroraptors will be.  The more numerous these creatures are, the further along in history one will need to go to determine an equally-formidable human civilization.  Even early humans had the ability to effectively reason and innovate rather well, and this has set humans apart from other life forms throughout time.  When considering this conflict, the use of fire is a huge asset, as well as the use of the bow and arrow.  It's probable that humans with a decent proficiency with these things would have a decent chance against Icaroraptors from time-to-time, I can't be confident in saying so considering the Icaroraptor's intelligence & level of sentience.  The height of the Roman empire (in early AD) is likely a good place to start, but there's too many variables to consider in pinning down an exact time & place in history.

Smilodon vs Helloid: The Helloid (created by Tejas) is a tenacious, 250kg mustelid with 4-inch claws, 4-inch canines, & a 1,500lb bite force.  It is experienced in combat, and has thick fur enhanced with sharp bristles for added protection.  Smilodon populator was a robust, muscular felid with sharp claws & long upper canines that could be driven into soft tissue of opponents.  Smilodons were adept at using their forepaws to grip & control adversaries to get into a good position in which to utilize their long sabers.  Smilodon populator would have outweighed Helloid by about 60%, and this would have been enough of a weight advantage to overcome it most of the time (but would not have been easy).  Smilodon fatalis weighed about the same as Helloid (or about 10% heavier), and would have had trouble trying to control the mustelid while avoiding its offense.  This would have been a close fight, close to 50/50.  Smilodon gracilis was less than half of Helloid's weight, and would not have had the ammunition to overpower the mustelid in most confrontations.  Smilodon populator wins, Smilodon fatalis forces a draw, and Helloid defeats Smilodon gracilis.  

Grizzly Bear vs African Male Lion: A grizzly bear can weigh almost twice as much as an African lion.  Each animal will have its own set of advantages in this matchup.  Grizzly bears are aggressive, strong, and have great endurance.  Their huge paws (armed with long claws) can be an effective weapon to strike with, and can be used to wrestle/control an adversary to deliver a crunching bite.  The lion in this conflict will be almost as tall at the shoulder as the grizzly bear.  Male lions are well-practiced at battling other male lions for territory/pride rights, and have dangerous claws & teeth.  The lion will be quicker, more agile, and have the ability to finish the bear with a throat-bite, but will succumb to fatigue in a prolonged battle.  Lions can tackle large prey items (zebra, buffalo, etc.), but don't meet bears in the wild, and will find engaging one to be challenging due to the ursid's flexibility & paw usage (the bear can fight back more effectively than a typical prey item a lion encounters).  Brown bears & big cats are typically close at equal weights, and the grizzly here will have a decent size advantage.  The lion certainly can't be counted out, but it won't prevail on most occasions against a big grizzly.  Grizzly bear wins.

Description of Icaroraptor: The Icaroraptor stands 6 feet tall, 17 feet long, it weighs about 600 kg but is very agile, it can run up to 90 kph in short burst but normally runs at 70 kph. It can jump up to 10 feet with it's powerful legs, it has the iconic scythe claw that is 9 inches long and it spits venom, the venom when lands on skin damages skin severely and leaves an open wound, but it is only effective against animals with no or little cover, such as humans, but it can still be used to stun, lastly it preys on a large variety of creatures in it's ecosystem, it can glide from tree to tree eating primates, or take down giant animals if necessary, but it's weaknesses are if alone, giant predators, giant crocs and faster animals. It's intelligence is unchallenged, it has the memory comparable to an elephant's, it can remember it's tactics in taking down difficult prey alone or with a pack, their coordination is comparable to that of chimpanzees and earns them their right.  It's intelligence makes it prefer to fight from a safe distance, it prefers to shoot poison in the eye of it's opponents.
When fighting smaller animals, Icaroraptor prefers to use it's tail, it's tail whip can bring down 2000 pound force onto his enemies, it's because the muscle concentrations are in his jaw, his legs and his tail.  When not slashing or spitting, Icaroraptor can deliver a fatal bite, it controls it's jaw strength, so to control it's style, it can use a weaker bite to tear of flesh or a bone-crushing bite of 2000 pounds and its kick can dent iron.  Icaroraptor when in heat are extremely dangerous, they have the ferocity and aggression frightening enough to drive away a herd of sauropods, and a mother Icaroraptor is far more dangerous.  Icaroraptors live in packs of 10 in a forest, and they are warm-blooded so that means they can go on with winter, with their feathers keeping them warm. Icaroraptors have three mothers in each pack, when faced with a difficult situation, two packs can make a temporary alliance before they go back to their own territories.  Lastly, it's intelligence enables it to read it's opponents, observing them to see what move they'll make and what should be a proper counter-attack, their brains process information very fast enabling them to react immediately. Their intelligence is somehow nearly-sentient.

10 Icaroraptors vs 20 Knights: Knights usually wore a suit of armor, rode on horses, sometimes carried a shield, and carried at least one weapon (lance, sword, axe, mace, etc.).  Whether on horseback or not, the mobility of the knights will be somewhat limited while wearing armor, and the speedy Icaroraptors can exploit this.  With their kicks being able to dent armor, the raptors will have the means to injure the knights and avoid most of their offense.  The tail swing will also be effective, and the poison can be strategically aimed to help dispatch the knights.  The Icaroraptors have the speed, the size, and the weaponry to win the majority of the time.  10 Icaroraptors win.  

10 Icaroraptors vs 15 Samurai: Samurais usually are depicted wearing armor and carrying a very long, sharp sword (sometimes carried in tandem with a shorter sword).  Samurais are known for being very skilled at the weapons they possess.  The Icaroraptors work well as a team, and have the right attributes (size, speed, agility, leaping ability, versatile weaponry) to be effective in this battle.  The chances are good that a few of the Icaroraptors will be seriously injured, but they will be the more proficient killers.  10 Icaroraptors win.

Best regards.  

Interspecies Conflict

Questions regarding animal conflicts within realistic or unrealistic settings are welcome; my strength lies in medium-to-large species. Small animals (including birds of prey), prehistoric animals, sea creatures, and domestic dog breeds are usually within my scope, but to a lesser degree. I can't confidently answer hypothetical questions about human vs animal, arachnids, insects, or amphibians, but I am willing to field them nonetheless.

From a young age, I have been interested in animals. Starting with the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and World Book Encyclopedias, I have seen many animal shows and documentaries and have read multiple books on the subject. I have a solid understanding of the physiology of many animals and interspecies conflict in general.

Associate degree in unrelated field; biology classes in college.