Interspecies Conflict/One more Conflict

Hey BK, it's me Lawrence
Icaroraptors only attack humans when provoked but often chase them out of their territories, cutting them off their natural resources, and also, they hunt the livestock too,  this made humans angry enough to actively find and kill them.

Sarchosaurus is 20 tonnes, 11 meters tall and 24 meters long

Sarchosaurus has a flesh tearing bite, not a bone-crushing bite but their bulk and powerful legs gives them the "charge" ability.

T. Rex vs Sarchosaurus
Carcharondontosaurus vs Sarchosaurus
Megaraptor vs Arctotherium
7 Orcas vs Megalodon

Lastly, Icaroraptors often us the environment to their advantage and often lure large predators to their enemies to prevent injuries in their pack

Hello Lawrence.

With the Icaroraptors not actively seeking humans at a high level, the advantage of "taking the initative" goes to the humans.  Once the Icaroraptors adapt to the humans' methods of warfare against them the odds won't be as slanted, but the humans will still be in the driver's seat.  The Roman army will be able to stave them off for the most part, but they might not win every encounter.  The important element here will be the Roman army's continued effort to actively attack and eliminate the raptor threat.  In addition, the distribution of the Icaroraptors (overall population and population density in certain areas) will play a part in how much success the humans have.

T. Rex vs Sarchosaurus: The Sarchosaurus will weigh over 2 1/2 times as much as a Tyrannosaurus.  Tyrannosaurus was believed to be an active predator/scavenger (some believe it may have only scavenged), and was armed with huge jaws armed with dagger-like teeth measuring over 15cm long.  Its bite force was tremendous (far exceeding modern-day crocodiles and alligators), and its head alone was close to 1 1/2 meters long.  This gave Tyrannosaurus the ability to remove a massive amount of flesh with a single bite.  It was certainly able to overcome large prey items that far exceeded its own weight, but not ones that had an effect means to actively fight back.  A typical sauropod, for example, could use its tail in self-defense, but was not generally as formidable as a typical ceratopsian despite weighing much more.  A Tyrannosaurus (hypothetically speaking) would probably have a much harder time dealing with a 6-ton Triceratops than a 20-ton Apatosaurus (which actually never encountered T-rex) due to the lateral quickness/weaponry differences between the 2 potential prey items.  I believe a Sarchosaurus would fall in the category of a large animal that could actively & effectively defend itself.  It's ability to charge would give it the ability to topple Tyrannosaurus and drive it away.  The bite of Sarchosaurus obviously won't be as effective as a Tyrannosaurus' bite, but will still be enough to deter the attacking theropod if used.  It's hard to count out a creature like Tyrannosaurus, but here it might be a bit outmatched.  Sarchosaurus wins.

Carcharodontosaurus vs Sarchosaurus: Sarchosaurus will weigh close to 2 1/2 times as much as Carcharodontosaurus.  Carcharodontosaurus was one of the largest theropods ever to walk the earth, and was practiced at dealing with large sauropods.  Its teeth were somewhat triangle-shaped and close to 20cm in length.  Even though Carcharodontosaurus was a little bit larger than Tyrannosaurus, its greater size was not profound enough for it to bring much more to the table (in a battle with Sarchosaurus) than a Tyrannosaurus would bring.  Sarchosaurus wins.  

Megaraptor vs Arctotherium: Using the highest weight estimate for Arctotherium, it will weigh about 35% more than a Megaraptor.  Megaraptor's primary weapons are its large claws on its forelimbs (different from dromaeosaurids that have large claws on their hindlimbs), and it can slash with these.  Arctotherium was related most closely to the spectacled bear, but twice as tall at the shoulder and about 9 times as heavy.  Arctotherium's bite & forelimb usage (to control movement, grab with, swipe with, etc.) will be key in this battle.  Megaraptor will be quicker & more agile, and will have its bite and claws to utilize against the bear.  Arctotherium's lateral quickness won't be great enough to prevent it from getting slahed by Megaraptor, and it will still be at risk of injury at close quarters.  Even if Arctotherium overpowers Megaraptor (which is a likely scenario), it may succumb to its own injuries later.  With its size advantage, the bear will be favored.  Edge to Arctotherium.

7 Orcas vs Megalodon: The Megalodon will weigh around 6-7 times as much as a large killer whale.  Megalodon was a huge shark, approximately 2 1/2 times as long as a great white shark and around 20 times as heavy.  Megalodon had huge jaws and razor-sharp teeth that gave it one of the most devastating weapons among aquatic animals (past or present), and it could likely make quick movcements in short bursts.  Orcas have jaws lined with conical teeth (up to 10cm long) that can hold prey items and rip flesh.  The huge Megalodon would be able to dispatch any killer whale it could get in its jaws, but that won't likely happen here.  Orcas work well together (like wolves) and will have the mobility to attack the Megalodon from multiple sides without putting themselves in harm's way.  It would take some time to overtake the shark, but repeated bites from the orcas will take their toll.  A killer whale casualty might be possible if they are careless, but they should be mobile enough & intelligent enough to pull this off without losing any members.  7 orcas win.

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

Questions regarding animal conflicts within realistic or unrealistic settings are welcome; my strength lies in medium-to-large species. Small animals (including birds of prey), prehistoric animals, sea creatures, and domestic dog breeds are usually within my scope, but to a lesser degree. I can't confidently answer hypothetical questions about human vs animal, arachnids, insects, or amphibians, but I am willing to field them nonetheless.

From a young age, I have been interested in animals. Starting with the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and World Book Encyclopedias, I have seen many animal shows and documentaries and have read multiple books on the subject. I have a solid understanding of the physiology of many animals and interspecies conflict in general.

Associate degree in unrelated field; biology classes in college.