Interspecies Conflict/More Conflicts

Question
Regarding my previous question about Icaroraptors and humans, Icaroraptors are very picky of when to mate, and that attitude of theirs makes their population low, about 10 Icaroraptors per square kilometre.

Persian Elephant army of 20 vs pack of 30 Icaroraptors
Roman Army of 30 vs 20 Icaroraptors

And lastly new species, Sarchosaurus , a predator even Icaroraptors fear, it has a bony crest to charge at it's enemies, it is 10 meters high, 20 meters long, 8 tons and often steals kills from Icaroraptors but it can still hunt very well on it's own. Sarchosaurus  always live in breeding pairs and when they have young, they will nurture and then drive them away when they are old enough. And they are good in coordination in breeding pairs but not better than Icaroraptors.

Last Battle,

5 African Elephants vs Sarchosaurus Breeding pair
Amphicoelias Fragili vs 4 Sarchosaurus

Answer
Hello again Lawrence.

Considering the population of the Roman Empire around the time of its onset, 10 Icaroraptors per square kilometer would actually make these creatures rather plentiful (there would be approximately 1 Icaroraptor for every 2 humans).  If you mean that only in the areas the Icaroraptors populate (their specific habitats) that they are that many of them (and not saying they have that same density all across the land), their presence would be more managable from the viewpoint of the Romans.  If the population of the Icaroraptors are heavy across the land, an army with better technology (with weapons like muskets, perhaps) will likely be needed to even out the odds.  Another thing to consider in the Icaroraptor vs army scenario is whether or not the Icaroraptors actively seek out the humans to destroy them or if they do so only when their paths cross.

Persian Elephant army of 20 vs pack of 30 Icaroraptors: This depends on how the elephants will react to the Icaroraptors.  Although the elephants will be trained, they may panic if presented with a scenario they're not accustomed to.  If we're assuming 20 elephants with soldiers riding on top (maybe 2 or 3 per elephant), the Persian army will have a chance to defeat the Icaroraptors with their arrows and spears.  The elephants themselves may attempt to crush/stab the Icaroraptors themselves if they get close, but the Icaroraptors strategize and use their quickness/agility to stay out of harm's way, they will likely succeed in dispatching the soldiers and causing the elephants to flee.  I don't know enough about Persian armies to say for sure, but the Icaroraptors will probably have the edge.

Roman Army of 30 vs 20 Icaroraptors: Without cover to launch an assault from, the Roman army may have trouble.  The Icaroraptors will be much quicker, and their intelligence will enable them to figure out an effective way to proceed in this battle (attacking the soldiers while avoiding their weapons).  Arrows will be effective for the Romans from a distance, but at close quarters the Icaroraptors will have better mobility (considering the armor of the soldiers) and an offense that can be more readily applied.  Overall edge to Icaroraptors.

5 African Elephants vs Sarchosaurus Breeding pair: Each Sarchosaurus will weigh about 1/3 more than an African elephant.  For an 8-ton animal 10 meters tall and 30 meters long, its build will be very slender (unless it has very long tail and a very long neck) and probably won't be proportioned properly to "charge" at its adversaries with use of a bony crest.  A 10-meter tall giraffe will actually weigh a lot more than Sarchosaurus!  Without knowing more about the Sarchosaurus, it's hard to accurately answer this question.  The height of the Sarchosaurus pair may be enough to make make a quintet of elephants flee, but if the pachyderms are determined to attack and throw their weight around, they might have the ability to turn the tables.  I tend to think the Sarchosauruses will drive the elephants away on most occasions with intimidation, but I can't say for sure without knowing more about Sarchosaurus.

Amphicoelias Fragillimus vs 4 Sarchosauruses: Amphicoelias fragillimus may have weighed as much as 15 Sarchosauruses.  Amphicoelias fragillimus was a huge sauropod that had an extremely long neck and an extremely long tail (which may have served as a decent weapon).  The bulk of Amphicoelias fragillimus is likely enough to keep it safe in this battle, as the bony crest of the smaller Sarchosauruses probably won't have much effect.  In order for for the 4 Sarchosauruses to prevail, they will need weaponry close to the level of a Tyrannosaurus (huge jaws & teeth; high bite force) or a dromaeosaurid (sharp teeth, claws on its hindlimbs to kick/slash with, etc.).  Because Sarchosauruses can hunt on their own, I must assume they are equipped to do so (jaws/claws).  Without knowing details on how formidable its entire gamut of weaponry is, I can't favor 4 of them to defeat Ampicoelias fragillimus.

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

BK