Interspecies Conflict/Symbiotic Relationships

Hey BK, it's me Lawrence   I saw a previous question regarding the Xenofelis or Xeno vs Icaroraptor so I decided to share with you an update regarding my own ecosystem. Icaroraptor's intelligence makes them also very social and more self-aware, when they encounter any predator, they will not automatically kill them, and there are also equally powerful predators and prey, and the Icaroraptor shares a symbiotic relationship with two different species, and also Icaroraptors will protect the survival of their species and will somehow regulate hunting prey and will kill any predator that overhunts them, (such as humans).

First, the Arcturus Wolf This wolf has a shoulder height of 5 feet and is 10.5 feet long, and Alphas weigh on an average of 292 kg, while smaller wolves will be 150-280 (proportional to a normal wolf), this wolf is extremely agile, able to outmaneuver even the agile Icaroraptor and have very good lateral and rotational quickness to prevent attacks from behind, they have the same senses as a normal wolf but they have a fatal bite of 3000 lbs. It also has 5 inch long claws, 4 inch canines and with it's numbers, will hunt mega-fauna, with or without Icaroraptor's assistance,
They can run an average of 70 kph but if they use all their energy, they can go a whopping 100 kph. Powerful leg muscles make the wolf faster and able to support it's weight. These wolves live in packs of 15 and are very social and intelligent and are on par with Icaroraptor, they share a mutualistic symbiotic relationship in which their species and the two other species get their benefits. They are territorial to species outside of their mutualistic relationship but will be neutral towards other species of carnivores, such as bears, wolves and many more unless provoked. When desperate, they become oppurtunists and may eat plants, fruits and fish. Or when desperate for a mate, small dispersal Arcturus Wolves will  cross-breed with lone canine specimens large enough to mount them or to be mounted.

Second species, Gloffiphant the build is like an asian elephant's but smaller about 1.8m shoulder height (6 ft), and 4.4 m from head to tail (14.4 ft) and a skin thickness of 2 in, this elephant species weighs in about 3 tons but also has very good speed, at speeds of about 60 kph, a charging Gloffiphant can send you flying or overturn a car. This is the only herbivore in the group of mutualistic species. With this elephant's lateral and rotational quickness, approaching from behind is nearly impossible and a frontal assault almosts guarantees getting mauled by it's 2-3 feet tusks, this powerful beast is also very intelligent and shares the mutualistic relationship with both Icaroraptors and Arcturus Wolves. This elephant is usually found in herds of 20. They are generally docile but they will be wary of dangerous predators that are neither Icaroraptors nor Wolf but anything under 800 kg is not a threat unless it's an overwhelming pack number.  

Now these three beasts share a known balance of power, three of them can dispatch of each other very quickly but instead they exploit each other's abilities and form interspecies groups, for example, if you see a Gloffiphant, an Arcturus Wolf and Icaroraptor are often nearby and vice versa. Now how these creatures may assist each other, Icaroraptors, Gloffiphants and Arcturus Wolves can guard each others young or may also foster any orphaned young, or the wolves and Gloffiphants can babysit the eggs and infant Icaroraptors while the mother is away. Icaroraptors can chase off herbivores eating away at the Gloffiphant's food or may chase away predators that are harassing the young of either species or if the Arcturus Wolf Pack cannot hunt, the Icaroraptors can get food for them or vice versa. Gloffiphants in turn may guard kills of Icaroraptors or Arcturus Wolves and may also assists the predators in getting prey.

I'll give you an example scenerio of their relationship."
  " A young Icaroraptor has strayed away from the group, it's curiosity lures it near a cave but little does it know that a lone hungry male Xenofelis is stalking it, the Xenofelis goes in carefully and silently, and pounces but an Alpha Arcturus Wolf intervenes and knocks the feline off mid-air, the cat regains it's position and challenges the wolf. 380+ kg of feline power versus 290+ kg canine cunning, it's no contest, the wolf stands no chance, but before the Xeno attacks, a Gloffiphant appears and knocks the Xeno off it's feet, the Xeno is caught by surprise and nearly loses his balance, he is outnumbered and stands no chance, he retreats into the plains just before the mother Icaroraptor comes and takes her baby, all four of them return to their teritory."  

I'll also say that these Interspecies Groups require a lot of food and space and groups of the combined packs of Icaroraptors, Arcturus Wolf, and Gloffiphants will be found within a territory space of 100 square kilometers. Now I demonstrated the relationship between these species, how would they do in the park the size of Alaska and Texas combined (mentioned in previous question) all three species are adapted to both cold and warm environments just to clarify, and with their symbiotic relationship, would they actually be above the Xeno? Even though the Xeno is nearly on par with the Icaroraptor, would the assistance of these two other species amp up their game?
10 Icaroraptors, 10 Gloffiphants and 10 Arcturus Wolves vs 50 Helloids 5 Icaroraptors, 10 Arcturus Wolves, 10 Gloffiphants vs 25 Xenofelis Arcturus Wolf vs Helloid
Alpha Arcturus Wolf vs Alpha Helloid Gloffiphant vs Xenofelis or Xeno or Xenofelis Sarchosaurus vs 25 Xeno or Xenofelis
   Gloffiphant vs Adult Male Gaur  
Out of topic question, how strong does an average male human need to be to block a paw swipe from a grizzly bear like it was nothing. And what do you think about introducing elephants to North America?

Hello Lawrence.

Q: How would they (Icaroraptors, Arcturus Wolves, and Gloffiphants) do in the park the size of Alaska and Texas combined (mentioned in previous question) all three species are adapted to both cold and warm environments just to clarify, and with their symbiotic relationship, would they actually be above the Xeno?
A: The comparison of numbers (population of each species) will be a factor, but this group of animals has the potential to easily compete/compare with Xeno.  Xeno has the same kind of intelligence, but its species may be outnumbered by the other three species (which are comparable to the Xeno in overall ability level).  Being above Xeno is certainly a possibilty.

Q: Even though the Xeno is nearly on par with the Icaroraptor, would the assistance of these two other species amp up their game?
A: The combination of efforts by the 3 species will make them stronger as a whole, and they likely won't have too much to worry about from outsiders.  The Xeno will be able to occupy the same areas and hunt with some success, but will need to bring more to the table to succeed in direct conflicts with the cooperating species.

10 Icaroraptors, 10 Gloffiphants and 10 Arcturus Wolves vs 50 Helloids, 5 Icaroraptors, and 10 Arcturus Wolves: I think either group can succeed here, but it depends on how they choose to match up.  The Arcturus wolves may cancel each other out, and 5 Icaroraptors will likely cancel out 5 Icaroraptors from the other side (leaving 5 in the first group).  10 of the Helloids will possibly be able to eliminate the 5 remaining Icaroraptors, leaving 40 Helloids to tackle the 10 Gloffiphants (4 Helloids for each Gloffiphant).  With 4" claws, 4" teeh, and a very strong bite force, the Helloids will have the ability to latch onto each Gloffiphant and drive home an accumulation of killing bites.  It's also possible the Gloffiphants succeed in driving the Helloids away.  With each matchup, which animal engages which animal will be different, and the outcomes may be different from encounter to encounter.  Overall, it seems close, but that's a lot of Helloids!

10 Gloffiphants vs 25 Xenos: A Gloffiphant will weigh over 7 times as much as a Xeno.  Being only 1.8m at the shoulder will make it easy for the Xenos to leap on top of each Gloffiphant and use their sharp claws to get into a good finishing position.  Gloffiphants can turn quickly, but because there are 2.5 Xenos for each Gloffiphant, avoiding attack won't be easy for them.  Slight edge to the Xenos.

Arcturus Wolf vs Helloid: The Arcturus wolf will weigh about 1/6 more than the Helloid.  These 2 animals match up well physically (especially strength and speed), and both have impressive weaponry.  The Arcturus wolf will be the more agile combatant, and the Helloid is probably a bit more durable (tough, thick fur).  Both have the ability to kill each other readily with their massive bite forces and long teeth (and claws), but the Arcturus wolf may have an intelligence advantage if it is on par with the near-sentient Icaroraptor (which is how I understood you to describe it).  The greater intelligence will give the Arcturus wolf a boost in stragegy and attack techniques, which may tip the scales in its favor.  Slight edge to the Arcturus wolf.

Alpha Arcturus Wolf vs Alpha Helloid: This matchup will be similar in all aspects to the Arturus wolf vs Helloid matchup, but each specimen will be the best of its group.  The physical attributes and weaponry will still compare the same way, and the outcome will likely be the same.  Slight edge to Arturus wolf.

Gloffiphant vs Xeno: Gloffiphant is a very compact animal, and its charges will deliver a great amount of force.  Xeno is agile, well-armed, and intelligent.  It has the ability to kill the Gloffiphant with the right positioning, but the Gloffiphant's ability to turn quickly will keep the Xeno in front of it.  Gloffiphant wins.

Sarchosaurus vs 25 Xenos: Sarchosaurus will weigh almost 50 times as much as a single Xeno.  This will be, from a weight perspective, like 25 leopards attacking an Asian elephant.  While 25 leopards won't likely be able to pull something like that off, the near-sentient Xenos will.  Although the physical power advantage of Sarchosaurus is great, the Xenos will be able to form a strategy and climb into the position they need to deliver precise bites to vulnerable areas.  The Sarchosaurus will be able to drive the 25 Xenos away on occasion, but I don't think the Xenos will be repelled in most encounters if they are determined to attack.  Edge to Xenos.

Gloffiphant vs Adult Male Gaur: Gloffiphant will weigh over twice as much as the largest bull gaur (and will be extremely heavy for its size).  Gaurs are the largest bovids, and have muscular bodies and thick horns.  They are occasionally preyed on by tigers, but can be a very dangerous prey item for these big cats because of their power and weaponry.  As formidable as a gaur is, it will be outmatched by the Gloffiphant.  The Gloffiphant's size & speed advantage will give it the ability to outmaneuver and overpower the gaur.  Gloffiphant wins.

Q: How strong does an average male human need to be to block a paw swipe from a grizzly bear like it was nothing?
A: No human, average or otherwise, has the ability to block a grizzly bear's paw swipe like it was nothing.  Grizzly bears are immensely powerful, and can generate a lot of force with its paw swipe.  An average-sized human would likely need to to be at least 20 times stronger to have a chance to completely stop a grizzly bear's paw swipe.

Q: What do you think about introducing elephants to North America?
A: When animals are introduced from one area to another, the result is typically disastrous (despite what may be good intentions).  It's not always easy to predict how a species will react to its new surroundings and how the new surroundings will react with it.  Some relocates have been overall successful and haven't presented any major problems (like gemsbok in New Mexico), but others have been rather problematic (cane toads introduced in various areas for pest control are now major pests themselves).  While there are areas in North America (for example: forests in Mexico) that might be suitable for an elephant to reside, moving these massive mammals to another continent might create problems.  Elephant eat a lot of food, and travel long distances in search of it (and water).  They can be destructive to crops and structures, and can be very dangerous when they come into contact with humans.  The novelty of having this magnificent animal in North America might be intriguing, but the risk is much greater than the reward.

10 Icaroraptors, 10 Gloffiphants, and 10 Arcturus Wolves vs 50 Helloids: The Icaroraptors being almost sentient (as well as the comparable intelligence of the Gloffiphnats and the Arturus wolves) will be a huge plus, as well as the fact these species work together.  10 Icaroraptors will probably command the attention of 20 Helloids, and the 10 hefty Gloffiphants will likely be a match for at least 20 Helloids as well.  The remaining Arturus wolves (10) will likely edge out the 10 Helloids.  Because the Helloids will be very formidable en masse and have the tools to kill each of their opponents, they simply can't be counted out.  However, the 10 Icaroraptors, 10 Gloffiphants, and the 10 Arturus wolves will be favored.

Best regards.  

Interspecies Conflict

Questions regarding animal conflicts within realistic or unrealistic settings are welcome; my strength lies in medium-to-large species. Small animals (including birds of prey), prehistoric animals, sea creatures, and domestic dog breeds are usually within my scope, but to a lesser degree. I can't confidently answer hypothetical questions about human vs animal, arachnids, insects, or amphibians, but I am willing to field them nonetheless.

From a young age, I have been interested in animals. Starting with the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and World Book Encyclopedias, I have seen many animal shows and documentaries and have read multiple books on the subject. I have a solid understanding of the physiology of many animals and interspecies conflict in general.

Associate degree in unrelated field; biology classes in college.