Interspecies Conflict/dangerous predators pt2

i love where this topic is going
& thanks to Lawrence for the Arcturus wolf I really like this animal
& all Xenos are sentinent

But anyway for the following fights could you give a full detailed description on how the fight will go & how the loser will be killed

290kgArcturus Wolf vs 350kg grizzly
Arcturus wolf vs megalania
380kgXenofelis vs 420kg grizzly
4 380kg Xenos vs Pleistocene polar bear
15 Arcturus wolves vs yzenda bear
15 Xenos vs yzenda bear
Yzenda bear vs allosaurus Maximus
Hyanadon vs megalania
600kg polar bear vs megalania
2 Xenos vs daedon
Megalania vs daedon
380kgXenofelis vs ceratosaurs
Biggest bear dog vs 3Xenos
Biggest bear dog vs 5 Arcturus wolves

Hello Anthony.

290kg Arcturus Wolf vs 350kg grizzly: A modern-day wolf wouldn't have much of a chance against a bear weighing 20% more, but this souped-up version of a wolf will.  The Arcturus wolf will have advantages in speed and mobility, and will be able to effectively dart in and out while delivering strong bites and avoiding most of the bear's offense (using forelimbs to grab, paw swipes, bites).  Grizzly bears are the pound-for-pound kings of the ursid world, but the abilities granted the Arturus wolf will give it the edge here.  Edge to Arturus wolf.

Arcturus wolf vs Megalania: Megalania will weigh up to 4 times as much as an Arturus wolf.  A lot of Megalania's abilities are based on suppositions (as are the abilities of many prehistoric creatures), but many believe it to be a giant version of the modern Komodo dragon (over twice as long and well over 10 times as heavy).  Komodo dragons have tough hides (covered in small osteoderms), sharp claws, whip-like tails, and a toxic bite (that can induce shock in victims) with sharp teeth.  The Arturus wolf will be nimble enough to avoid Megalania's bite on many occasions, but there's no guarantee it won't be bitten in the heat of battle.  With Megalania's bite being a death sentence, the Arturus wolf will need to strategize carefully.  From a size standpoint, this will be like a coyote trying to take out a Komodo dragon.  Obviously the Arturus wolf has greater abilities than any canid that has ever actually lived, and it will have a reasonable chance.  It will need to dart in and out delivering bites (just like with the bear) until it can wear Megalania down.  The problem will be penetrating the reptile's hide quickly (taking time to sink its teeth in will give Megalania time to retaliate with teeth/claws/tail).  On most occasions Megalania will land a good bite before it succumbs to the wolf's jaws.  As with the Komodo dragon, there is an effect of the bite that will take a while to fully manifest and an effect of the bite that might have an immediate impact.  With the size difference here (and considering a komodo's ability to kill a water buffalo), the Arturus wolf might want to seek lunch elsewhere.  Edge to Megalania.

380kg Xenofelis vs 420kg grizzly: Even though I wouldn't favor a 380kg African lion over a 420kg grizzly bear, it would still be a very good fight.  With a Xeno being a big cat with many enhanced features (bite force, sentience, etc.), it will be a very formidable adversary for the bear.  Grizzly bears are strong, durable, aggressive, and have high levels of stamina.  They can fight strongly with 10cm claws and a big bite, but a Xeno that will have the edge of being able to form a strategy will able to overcome this.  The Xeno will likely engage the grizzly bear right away in a close-quarters clinch, and will sink its long teeth into a vulnerable spot.  The Xeno will know where to bite (likely the neck or spine), and will have the bite force to deliver a crippling injury rather quickly.  Xenofelis wins.

4 380kg Xenos vs Pleistocene polar bear: With many prehistoric animals, the sizes and weights fluctuate with new discoveries and further studies, and many times an animal thought to be a certain size is later determine to be smaller (or in some cases bigger).  The maximum weight usually assigned to the Pleistocene polar bear is well over a ton (in some cases close to 1100kg) even though it may not have been quite that heavy.  Although this giant polar bear may have weighed 3 times as much as a Xeno, it would have trouble with 4 of them.  From a size standpoint, this will be like 4 African lions taking on a polar bear.  4 African lions can certainly bring down a polar bear, and Xenos are big cats with much greater abilities than lions.  Because the Xenos will know what they need to do to incapacitate the bear, it will simply be a matter of surrounding it (to divide its focus) and having one pride member attack from behind (and deliver a quick bite to the spine with its tremendous bite force).  The estimated 12cm of blubber will be an obstacle to any bite, but certainly not guaranteed protection.  All 4 Xenos can cling to the bear and control its movements, and one of them will be able to complete the kill.  4 Xenos win.

15 Arcturus wolves vs Yzenda bear: The Yzenda bear will weigh 12.5 times as much as an Arcturus wolf.  From a size standpoint, this will be like 15 African wild dogs taking on a large grizzly bear.  The wolves will again use the "dart in and out with bites" method of attack, but the bear is just as souped-up as they are.  The Yzenda bear will strongly defend itself by turning quickly and swiping with deadly accuracy.  The wolves will know how to strategize, but with this bear being described as being able to defend itself from 7 Icaroraptors (which weigh 600kg and are extremely well-armed), the wolves will have their work cut out for them.  The Arcturus wolves will lose pack members in this battle, and how focused they will be in continuing an attack that will be fatal for some of them will be key.  On the other hand, the Yzenda bear's ability to focus on multiple opponents while savagely executing offense & defense will be key as well.  The hide of the Yzenda bear is loose and bite-resistant, so that will make it hard for the Arcturus wolves to make the same kind of progress they might be accustomed to making.  Close to 50/50, but I like the Yzenda bear here.

15 Xenos vs Yzenda bear: Using the 380kg Xenos, the Yzenda bear will weigh about 9.5 times as much as a single Xeno.  This will, from a size standpoint, be like 15 clouded leopards taking on a black bear.  When it comes to canids and felids hunting/attacking in a pack/pride, I actually consider the method of canids (dart in and out while delivering bites) to be better against certain opponents than the method of felids (pile on in an attempt to bring the target to the ground and secure a neck bite).  I don't consider the Xeno's method of attack quite as good as the Arcturus wolves' method against the Yzenda bear (even though I would favor the 15 Xenos to defeat the 15 Arcturus wolves in a battle against one another) because clinging to a large opponent that can fight back in multiple ways places the attackers in greater peril.  However, with the Xenos having a nice size advantage over the Arcturus wolves (contrasting the attackers of the Yzenda bear), they should have a good chance against this mighty ursid.  The Xenos, having sentience, will know what they need to do (pile on to restrict the bear's movement and limit its offense, find a vulnerable spot to sink in their long canines).  It's not like the Xenos will use their power to "outmuscle" the bear, they will simply act as specialists to do what it takes to overcome the Yzenda bear.  I think they'll succeed more times than not.  Edge to 15 Xenos.

Yzenda bear vs Allosaurus maximus: These animals will weigh the same.  I've been asked in the past about equal-sized matchups with bears and theropods, and consider them relatively close at parity (depending on what bear is used and what theropod is used).  A grizzly bear and a Tyrannosaurus (among the top representatives of each) will be close at parity, but I've always given the theropod a slight edge in most of them.  Although the bear can topple the bipedal theropod upon engaging or land multiple paw swipes that may be hard to deflect, the bear won't have an answer for the theropod's huge and damaging bite.  Bears typically kill by what may be best referred to as "brutalization" and aren't specialized finishers.  A bear's attempts to overpower or overcome a theropod will take some time, and will give the theropod an opportunity to land a finishing bite (sharp teeth, tremendous bite force).  In this matchup, the Allosaurus maximus is a decent representative of a formidable theropod.  The Yzenda bear, however, is a amped-up version of a grizzly bear and has abilities that make it more than a match for any Allosaurus at parity.  The Yzenda bear will have the reaction speed to deflect a bite attempt by the dinosaur with a barrage of paw swipes, and its loose (but tough) skin will offer it above-average protection if a bite gets through.  The Yzenda bear should be able to topple the Allosaurus and brutalize it more times than not.  Edge to Yzenda bear.

Hyaenodon vs Megalania: Megalania will weigh almost 2.5 times as much as Hyaenodon gigas (imagine a normal-sized striped hyena taking on a large Komodo dragon).  Hyaenodon gigas was a predatory mammal (that likely scavenged) with a huge skull and a large set of bone-crushing jaws.  Hyaenodon will have a mobility advantage, but only one offensive weapon (jaws).  Megalania will have sharp teeth, a toxic bite, tough skin, a whip-like tail, and sharp claws.  Hyaenodon will certainly land some decent bites, but won't be able to avoid getting bit by Megalania at some point during the struggle.  Edge to Megalania.  

600kg polar bear vs Megalania: Megalania will weigh twice as much as the polar bear.  Polar bears are extremely strong mammals armed with crunching jaws and curved claws.  They demonstrate their great strength by piledriving through thick sheets of ice, snatching 225kg seals out of the water, and doing battle with the formidable (and often heavier) walrus.  Assuming it was like a giant version of today's Komodo dragon, Megalania was armed with a toxic bite, sharp teeth, a whip-like tail, sharp claws, and tough skin.  A polar bear certainly has the power and weaponry to subdue Megalania, but application of its offense will leave it vulnerable to Megalania's bite (which might not easily penetrate the thick layer of blubber, but will likely introduce its toxin into the blood stream of the bear).  The polar bear will latch onto Megalania with its forelimbs and attempt to bite through its tough hide, and will have a chance to wear the reptile down if it can avoid its bite.  With Megalania's claws and lashing tail being something that may distract the polar bear, it may lose focus and receive a bite that may penetrate deeply enough to begin affecting the ursid rather quickly.  With its greater size and deadly bite, the edge goes to Megalania.

2 Xenos vs Daeodon: Daeodon will weigh over 2.5 times as much as each Xeno.  Daeodon was a "terminator pig" that had imposing tusks and a large, bone-crushing bite.  It was similar in size to a wood bison.  Strategy will be key here.  The Xenos will need to have one in front and one behind to distract the huge pig, and one will need to leap upon it (holding securely with its long claws) and drive home a killing bite (likely to the spine as the neck muscles of Daeodon were very pronounced).  Xenos win.

Megalania vs Daeodon: Weighs vary for Megalania, but it may have been about 20% heavier than Daeodon.  Daeodon was a large, pig-like creature with bone-crushing jaws & dangerous tusks.  It likely had a decent mobility advantage over Megalania, but would be vulnerable to the reptile's bite when it came close (due to the quick movements of the giant lizard).  Assuming Megalania shared traits with the modern Komodo dragon (toxic secretions in saliva; tough armor-like hide), Daeodon would have had difficulty causing enough damage itself before getting bit (and Megalania's bite would have probably induced shock).  Daeodon would likely have gotten the better of the initial exchange (and might have succeeded in driving Megalania away), but most scenarios will have Megalania landing a bite deep enough to introduce toxin into Daeodon's blood stream (and ensuring its eventual death).  Close fight; depends on how you look at it, but overall edge to Megalania.

380kg Xenofelis vs Ceratosaurus: The Ceratosaurus will weigh over twice as much as Xenofelis.  As the African lion can bring down prey items weighing over twice as much as itself, the Xeno is capable of bringing Ceratosaurus down.  Xeno, being sentient, will know it only needs to avoid the theropod's big bite to achieve victory.  Xeno will leap upon Ceratosaurus at the right moment, use its claws to pull itself into a good position (probably behind the dinosaur's neck), and sink its canines into a vulnerable spot.  It may take more than one try, but the Xeno should prevail most of the time.  Xenofelis wins.

Amphicyon ingens vs 3 Xenos: Amphicyon ingens was the largest "bear dog" to exist (600kg).   It had some ursid attributes and some canid attributes, but its most formidable feature was its very strong bite.  Amphicyon ingens will weigh over 50% more than each Xeno, but it will be in trouble.  The Xenos will surround the bear dog to divide its focus, and then leap upon it to drag it to the ground.  One Xeno will be in position to land the finishing bite (neck/throat), and the bear dog won't be quick or strong enough to prevent it from happening.  3 Xenos win.

Amphicyon ingens vs 5 Arcturus wolves: Amphicyon ingens will weigh over twice as much as each Arcturus wolf.  This will be somewhat like 5 African wild dogs confronting a spotted hyena, but the wolves are super-charged.  The Arcturus wolves will know to avoid the bite of the bear dog and to use their quickness to keep from being physically overpowered by it.  The wolves will bite from all angles to wear Amphicyon ingens down, and will then go in for the kill against their exhausted and weakened opponent.  5 Arcturus wolves win.

Best regards.  

Interspecies Conflict

Questions regarding animal conflicts within realistic or unrealistic settings are welcome; my strength lies in medium-to-large species. Small animals (including birds of prey), prehistoric animals, sea creatures, and domestic dog breeds are usually within my scope, but to a lesser degree. I can't confidently answer hypothetical questions about human vs animal, arachnids, insects, or amphibians, but I am willing to field them nonetheless.

From a young age, I have been interested in animals. Starting with the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and World Book Encyclopedias, I have seen many animal shows and documentaries and have read multiple books on the subject. I have a solid understanding of the physiology of many animals and interspecies conflict in general.

Associate degree in unrelated field; biology classes in college.