Interspecies Conflict/Dangerous Predators

Question
Hey BK, It's me Lawrence,

I know that there are so many made-up species but I would like to add more,

Diablotaurus

If there were demon bulls, this would definitely be one

A quadruped with a forelimb shoulder height of 7 feet and the length of 18 feet and weighs
3.5 tonnes, this is one dangerous predator, it can run 50 kph at top speed but it is very well armoured, adapted to the power of Icaroraptors, this reptile has thick flaps that can be used to cover it's eyes, it has a skin thickness of three inches and has 6 inch canines and 4 feet long bull horns for thrusting. This powerful predator hunts Gloffiphants and sauropods (with a small group), with it's sense of smell, it can smell a drop of blood from miles away. It's combat strategy is to rush in against it's enemy and thrust his horns into it. Here is a sample scenario

"A Gloffiphant has been ambushed by a Diablotaurus, the Gloffiphant charges but the Diablotaurus with it's lateral quickness, dodges the attack, and goes for the front immediately, it's thrusting horns protect it from the tusks of the Gloffiphant and with his powerful legs, pushes the Gloffiphant back.
With the Gloffiphant off-balance, the Diablotaurus roars and claims it's meal, it sinks it's powerful jaws into the Gloffiphant and easily tears through it's extremely tough skin, this Diablotaurus has been fed."

Diablotaurus is an extremely dangerous adversary, only trumped by the Sarchosaurus and the Yzenda Bear (I'll talk about it later), it can defend itself against 6 Icaroraptors. This beast hunts in the plains, where most of the megafauna are. It's armour also means that only the belly can be damaged because of the neck part being protected

Yzenda Bear

This predator's forelimb shoulder height of 8 feet and the back limb shoulder height of 7.5 feet, it weighs 4 tons and has a diet of a normal bear but with more meat in it's diet. It's forelimb length enables it to reach far with a paw swipe, another tactic against a Gloffiphant, it's paw swipe can snap of the tusks of a Gloffiphant if used at the right timing, this dangerous bear fights with the Diablotaurus for food and space, mostly with the bear winning. It has a skin thickness of 4 in and it's eyes have a thick coating to prevent any damage from poison, this beast can hold it's own against 7 Icaroraptors and it's aggressiveness will drive away any other animal, except for another Yzenda Bear or a Diablotaurus, it's neck also has loose folds of skin, so a neck bite is ineffective

Arcturus Wolves have a tough hide that protects them from high impact attacks and claw slashes and they

Battles

Diablotaurus vs White Rhino
Yzenda Bear vs African Elephant
Diablotaurus vs 10 Helloids
Yzenda Bear vs 9 Xenos
Diablotaurus vs Gloffiphant
Yzenda Bear vs Gloffiphant
Arcturus Wolf vs Helloid
Arcturus Wolf vs Xeno (parity)
Smilodon vs Pleistocene Polar Bear
American Lion vs (winner of previous battle)
Arctotherium vs American Lion
Smilodon vs (winner of previous battle)

Answer
Hello Lawrence.

Diablotaurus vs White Rhino: Only a big white rhino will weigh more than Diablotaurus.  The white rhino has tough skin, a tank-like build, and a long frontal horn that can be used to deliver thrusts with great force.  Diablotaurus has a array of weapons, but the rhino's horn can be used readily and can penetrate thick skin.  Close to 50/50.

Yzenda Bear vs African Elephant: The African elephant will weigh at least 50% more than the Yzenda bear.  African elephants are immensely strong animals that can lift, push, pull, and carry large amounts of weight.  They are armed with tusks, a powerful trunk, and the ability to crush with their weight.  Bears aren't generally suited for tackling large mobile animals, and usually don't have the lateral quickness to avoid a charge by a larger animal.  The Yzenda bear is obviously a level above a typical bear (and is very robust for its size), but it will have trouble with the largest land animal in the modern world.  Edge to African elephant.

Diablotaurus vs 10 Helloids: Diablosaurus will weigh more than all 10 Helloids combined.  Helloids hunt in groups, and have 4" claws and 4" teeth (these are the Helloids invented by Tejas; not the ones enhanced in a recent question).  The Diablotaurus will kill a few Helloids in the battle, and may be overcome by them.  Probably close to 50/50.

Yzenda Bear vs 9 Xenos: The Yzenda bear will weigh a bit more than all 9 Xenos combined.  If the Xenos are the near-sentient ones, they will form a strategy to keep themselves as safe as possible while delivering swipes and bites.  The Yzenda bear may be able to fight them off on many occasions, but will fall victim on occasion as well.  Probably close to 50/50.

Diablotaurus vs Gloffiphant: Diablotaurus will weigh more than Gloffiphant.  Gloffiphant can make quick turns to defend itself with its tusks, but will have trouble with the horns & bites of the larger animal.  Edge to Diablotaurus.

Yzenda Bear vs Gloffiphant: The Yzenda bear will have a decent weight advantage, but will have trouble dealing with the quick-turning Gloffiphant.  Close fight, but the robust bear will have enough of a weight advantage to control positioning at close quarters, and its swipes will be effective.  Slight edge to Yzenda bear.

Arcturus Wolf vs Helloid: The Helloid will weigh almost twice as much as the Arcturus wolf.  The wolf will be the more nimble animal, but the Helloid's tough hide will protect it from many bites.  Once the battle becomes a close-quarter affair, the Helloid will have the strength (and weaponry) to control the fight.  Edge to Helloid.

Arcturus Wolf vs Xeno (parity): Both animals have the ability to finish one another, but the Xeno is better armed (claws and teeth) and probably more athletic.  Edge to Xeno.

Smilodon vs Pleistocene Polar Bear: From a size standpoint, this will be like an African lion taking on a modern polar bear.  Smilodon populator was a robust, muscular cat that was accustomed to wrestling large prey items to the ground and finishing them with a bite (with upper canines almost 1' in length) in a vulnerable area.  The Pleistocene polar bear was a larger version of today's polar bear (about 1' taller at the shoulder and over 400kg heavier).  It was immensely strong, and had curved claws and sharp teeth.  An important part of Smilodon's offense is its ability to control positioning, but this will be harder to do against a bear (with forepaw usage) than a herbivore of similar size.  The bear will overpower the Smilodon and use its claws & teeth to dispatch it.  Pleistocene polar bear wins.

American Lion vs Pleistocene Polar Bear: From a size standpoint (using the upper-limit estimates for the weight of the American lion), this will be like a Bengal tiger taking on a polar bear.  The American lion will face the same problems against this bear as the Smilodon in the last matchup.  The lion will have the edge in speed, athleticism, and agility, but these assets won't garner it much headway in a close-quarters battle.  The bear will have a huge strength advantage, and the bear's forelimbs will dictate the positioning of the battle.  Without an ambush, the lion will be in trouble.  Pleistocene polar bear wins.

Arctotherium vs American Lion: The Arctotherium will weigh over 3 1/2 to times more than the American lion (again, using upper-limit estimates).  From a size standpoint, this will be like a polar bear taking on a lioness.  Arctotherium (South American giant short-faced bear) was closest in kin to the modern spectacled bear, but was twice as tall at the shoulder and 9 times as heavy.  The American lion was a larger version of the modern lion to some degree, but was built more for speed (and likely didn't form prides).  Even though the Arctotherium wasn't likely as formidable pound-for-pound as the Pleistocene polar bear, its larger size will make it just as imposing an opponent for the American lion.  Any offensive tactic used by the American lion (outside of an ambush) will lead to trouble for it.  The lion may have quicker swipes, but the strength of the bear's swipes will be much greater considering its massive size.  Any attempt to engage the bear at close quarters won't be wise because of the bear's size and paw usage.  The lion can win with the right positioning, but getting that positioning will be extremely difficult.  Arctotherium wins.

Smilodon vs Arctotherium: The Arctotherium will weigh 4 times as much as the Smilodon.  From a size standpoint, this will be like a snow leopard taking on a black bear.  As with the last matchup, this cat will have a hard time making headway with any offense it chooses to employ.  Although the Smilodon is one of the most formdible cats pound-for-pound ever to exist and the Arctotherium is not one of the most formidible bears pound-for-pound, the size difference is too great to favor the Smilodon.  The Smilodon can win with an ambush, but will not have a great chance in a face-to-face with an Arctotherium.  Arctotherium wins.

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

BK