Interspecies Conflict/Human Conflict

Hey BK, I would like to ask you the same questions as last time but this time, with the population of the creatures,

There is a population of Yzenda Bears and Diablotaurus, in the Wild West, they would be about 1,000,000 total in the entire territory of the US, while in Roman Times, they would be about 100,000
Population Distribution for US Yzenda Bears and Diablotaurus would be 0.93 Diablotaurus and Yzenda Bear per sq km and for Roman Times, it would be 1.067 per 10 sq km

Populaltion of Xenos and Helloids in the Wild West would be 2 million, with population distribution being 5 Xenofelis and Helloids within within 10 sq km, during Roman Times they would be 300,000, population distribution would be 3 Xeno and Helloid per sq km. And in the Wild West, they would be 3 million, with 2.8 Xenofelis and Helloids.

Sarchosaurus, they will not hesitate to hunt in human settlement, they are 40,000 in Roman Times, with population distribution of 0.431 per sq km. They are 500,000 in the Wild West with a population 0.468 Sarchosaurus per sq km. Sarchosaurus has thick skin, bullets are nearly ineffective but explosions will damage

Now the questions
How would Diablotaurus and Yzenda Bear do in the Wild West?
How about Roman Times?
How would Xenos and Helloids do in the Wild West?
How about in Roman Times?
How would Sarchosaurus do in the Wild West?
How about Roman Times?

Hello Lawrence.

Q: How would Diablotaurus and Yzenda Bear do in the Wild West?
A: There are 2 major things that make the presence of Diablotauruses and Yzenda bears a problem: They are huge, dangerous animals, and they will actively seek to attack.  It won't be like someone in Africa coming across a Cape buffalo where being cautious and moving away might defuse the situation - these creatures will likely need to be dealt with every time they encounter humans.  The humans in the Wild West were decently armed (rifles, pistols, horses for speed & mobility), but were rather widely-spaced.  It's not like they could say "Oh, no, there's a Diablotaurus - let's summon the calvary!" and a large army would appear to repel the invader.  They would need to use their firearms as best they could and be constantly vigilant to keep casualties (humans & livestock alike) to a minimum.  For humans trying to live their lives and take care of themselves and proceed with everyday activities, the presence of these 2 beasts would be a disruption.  With the enhanced abilities of these creatures, it would be a much graver threat than coming across a modern grizzly bear (which would be much smaller) or other wild animal.  The Diablotaurus and the Yzenda bear would do OK in the Wild West, but there would be a heightened state of alert among all residents.  While the usual concerns of Wild West residents would be outlaws, bank robbers, squatters, how well the crops were doing, keeping the livestock healthy, etc., these beasts would rise near the top of this list among the people.  The biggest concerns of these creatures would likely be one another.

Q: How would Diablotaurus and Yzenda Bear do in Roman Times?
A: The population of these creatures isn't too great or too small to vastly change the last answer regarding them in Roman Times, but it wouldn't be exactly like the Wild West either.  People during this time were more geared for war (conquering and defending) than people in the Wild West, but their weapons weren't as advanced.  In addition, every resident throughout the region wasn't wearing a suit of armor and brandishing a sword.  There were regular citizens that may not have been prepared to defend themselves against terrifying, deadly creatures.  A lot of how well Diablotaurus and Yzenda bear would do depends on how actively they would seek to go unnoticed to the humans.  Despite their large size, using stealth would have increased how successful they would be in Roman Times.  Being out in the open and unconcerned about what the humans might do would give the humans a chance to develop an effective strategy for overcoming them.  Regardless, they should do OK overall.

Q: How would Xenos and Helloids do in the Wild West?
A: This depends on which Xenos and Helliods we're talking about (original descriptions as given by the inventors or each or the ones endowed with increased size, abilities, and sentience).  I'm not sure it's right to change the attributes of the creature without the endorsement of the original inventor, but I can give a brief take on each of them.  The original Xenos and Helloids won't be nearly as big as the Diablotauruses and the Yzenda bears, but can be every bit as dangerous.  There will be more of them, they will be harder to spot (these 2 are in tune with there surroundings and value stealth as an asset), and will be harder to kill (quick and agile).  Guns can kill them, but they will ambush humans and livestock most of the time and utilize the element of surprise.  If we use the near-sentient Xenos and Helloids, the humans will need to maintain a constant vigil, and the effect these creatures will have on their lives will be widely disruptive.  With many modern animals that are considered dangerous (bears, crocodiles, venomous snakes), their behaviors can be predicted to a certain degree and safety measures can be applied.  That won't be the case here.

Q: How would Xenos and Helloids do in Roman Times?
A: Although the Romans won't have weaponry as advanced as that found in the Wild West, they will be geared for war in general.  Again, the smaller size of the Xenos and Helloids will be good in one way (easier to kill on a one-on-one basic than the multi-ton creatures); bad in another (harder to see, faster and more agile).  They will be more numerous than the Diablotauruses and the Yzenda bears as well.  The Xenos and Helloids will fare about the same as these larger animals, and should do OK.  If we use the sentient ones with the enhanced abilities, the conflicts will not go nearly as well for the Romans, and the humans of this time will need to constantly be on guard.  

Q: How would Sarchosaurus do in the Wild West?
A: The large size of Sarchosaurus will make it rather easy to spot, but killing one won't be easy.  Dynamite might be employed as a weapon or perhaps a deterrent, but using this explosive with precision against a mobile, dangerous creature won't be easy at all.  The people of the Wild West would need some sort of rocket launcher-type apparatus, and nothing like that existed back then.  Humans would be able to seek refuge when they spotted Sarchosaurus approaching and could escape on horseback, but defending livestock from attack would be next to impossible.  There won't be enough of these creatures to trigger a "state of emergency" type of situation from day-to-day, but it won't be easy for the residents to go about their daily lives with the threat of potential attack looming over their heads.  Sarchosauruses will be successful due to their large size and tough exteriors, but being easy to spot will make them easier to prepare for.     

Q: How would Sarchosaurus do in Roman Times?
A: Again, it must be considered that the Roman Empire was geared for war, and this made up for their weaponry not being as advanced as the Wild West.  In addition, it must be considered that while Sarchosaurus was almost impossible to kill with any weapons during this era, it was easy to spot.  They would be like large groups of elephant are in Africa today in that they can't really be stopped from doing what they want to do, but their presence can be managed somewhat.  When I say that Sarchosaurus is almost impossible to kill in this era, I am assuming the bullet-resistant hide is also resistant to spears, swords, arrows, and the like.  If these weapons do have greater effect than bullets for some reason, then arrows and similar long-distance weaponry will be the best bet for the humans to have a decent degree of success.

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

Questions regarding animal conflicts within realistic or unrealistic settings are welcome; my strength lies in medium-to-large species. Small animals (including birds of prey), prehistoric animals, sea creatures, and domestic dog breeds are usually within my scope, but to a lesser degree. I can't confidently answer hypothetical questions about human vs animal, arachnids, insects, or amphibians, but I am willing to field them nonetheless.

From a young age, I have been interested in animals. Starting with the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and World Book Encyclopedias, I have seen many animal shows and documentaries and have read multiple books on the subject. I have a solid understanding of the physiology of many animals and interspecies conflict in general.

Associate degree in unrelated field; biology classes in college.