Interspecies Conflict/Looney Tunes Proudly Presents...Bugs Bunny-Ehh,What's Up Doc?

Its great to be talking to you again BK and I hope every thing is going well.Since it's easter weekend I'm tottaly free of home work and I have plenty of time to be on here.So here are my questions.

Great White Shark vs Elephant Seal

Lion vs Russian Wild Boar

Green Anaconda vs Wolverine(on land)

Moose vs Camel

Zebra vs Wildebeest

White Rhino vs 2 Gaur

Gorilla vs Boa Constrictor

Thank You and have a happy easter!

Hello Trish.  Good to hear from you.  Everything is going good.

Great White Shark vs Elephant Seal: An elephant seal can weigh 60% more than a great white shark.  Sharks aren't great face-to-face fighters (prefer to ambush with a bite & retreat method), but the great white shark has a very formidable weapon with its huge jaws and razor-sharp teeth.  The elephant seal will have greater mobility overall (but not as maneuverable as smaller seals are), but it's bite will have minimal effect on the shark without accumulation.  The shark's bite can easily breach the hide of the seal, and at that point the mammal will be in trouble (from blood loss).  The elephant seal won't have a way to dispatch the shark before taking bites itself, and that will bring its doom.  Although the elephant seal will have the size to drive away a great white shark on some occasions, it won't be favored in a battle to the end.  Great white shark wins.

Lion vs Russian Wild Boar: Although most wild boars don't exceed 200kg, a large Russian wild boar can reportedly approach weights of 350kg in rare cases.  Male African lions average 181kg, but can reach 250kgs.  Lions are capable hunters and fighters.  Not only do male lions battle each other for territory and females, they also help the lionesses in tackling large, dangerous prey on occasion.  A lion's quickness, agility, power, and weaponry (jaws and claws) are great assets in a conflict.  Wild boars are formidable prey items for any predator, and can seriously injure an attacker with their slashing tusks.  Their tough hides are very hard to breach as well.  A lion will need to use its forepaws to arrest the anterior movements of the wild boar (to keep the tusks at bay), and get into a position to land a finishing bite to the neck or the throat.  It may also use its agility to move around the boar to attack from behind, but the boar's decent lateral quickness will make this problematic.  A lion is definitely capable of defeating a large wild boar in a fight, but because the threat of injury will be high, the boar will be able to drive the lion away in many encounters.  Big cats are quite adept at bringing down prey items much larger than themselves, but a face-to-face battle with a wild boar with a size advantage will be difficult.  I favor a lion at parity and even against a boar that's slightly heavier, but once the suid exceeds the 300kg mark it will likely be a bit too much for the lion to handle consistently.  Unless the cat uses an ambush, a max-sized Russian wild boar will have an edge over the lion.

Green Anaconda vs Wolverine (on land): A green anaconda will weigh several times more than a wolverine.  A wolverine rarely exceeds 19kg in weight, but a large anaconda can occasionally approach 181kg in weight.  Green anacondas are powerful constrictors that can asphyxiate an animal as large as a horse in their coils.  They are excellent ambush predators, but aren't great face-to-face combatants on land.  Wolverines are among the strongest mammals pound-for-pound, and are fantastic fighters.  They often attempt to drive wolves and bears off of kills, and rarely back down from a fight.  Wolverines have sharp claws (good for digging) and strong jaws capable of crunching through frozen meat and bone.  Although the wolverine can hold its own against anything in its weight range, it's giving up a lot of weight and size against a green anaconda.  The wolverine will have advantages in mobility and stamina, but it probably won't be able to prevent the anaconda from latching onto it with its jaws (which are hard to escape from due to backward-pointing teeth).  Once the anaconda seizes the wolverine, the mustelid will have little time to struggle free before the coils of the snake wrap around its body.  It's certainly possible for the wolverine prevail by avoiding the anaconda's strike while delivering quick bites of its own (and causing the snake to fatigue), but the odds will be against it when facing a foe this large.  The anaconda will lose if it's disadvantaged (slow after eating a large meal, sluggish due to lack of warmth, tired after exertion, etc), but will be favored if it's healthy and active.  Any water battle will increase the anaconda's chances profoundly.  Edge to green anaconda.

Moose vs Camel: These animals will be close in weight, but a large Bactrian camel can weigh 1/3 more than the moose.  The moose is the world's largest deer, sometimes reaching 725kg in weight.  It has huge antlers that spread over 1.5m, and these antlers are lines with sharp tines that can cause injury.  Moose usually battle each other by pushing with their antlers.  They occasionally defend themselves from wolves, and sometimes encounter bears.  Camels are massive animals with shaggy coats.  The Bactrian camel has 2 humps, and the dromedary has 1.  Camels can kick and bite, and some battles between males consist of one animal attempting to force the other animal to the ground.  The antlers of a moose can be used against a camel more readily than a camel's kicks (and other offense) can be used against a moose, and that will likely be the difference here.  A large Bactrian camel may be able to force a moose to retreat with its greater size, but will have trouble deflecting the impact of the cervid's antlers (which give the moose a "reach" advantage).  Moose wins at parity, but only has a slight edge against a larger camel.  Edge to moose.  

Zebra vs Wildebeest: A zebra can weigh 50% more than a wildebeest.  These animals coexist peacefully, and face the same predators (lions, crocodiles, hyenas, leopards, African wild dogs, etc.).  Zebras are very strong animals that can kick with a lot of force (especially with their back legs).  They also bite, and can be very aggressive when defending themselves.  Wildebeests have sharp, curved horns that can be dangerous weapons.  A zebra won't have the means to easily deflect the horns of a charging wildebeest, but the wildebeest won't be able to absorb many kicks from the equid.  The larger zebra wins.

White Rhino vs 2 Gaur: A white rhino will weigh over twice as much as a gaur.  White rhinos are massively powerful animals with very tough hides and a tank-like build.  They have 2 nose horns, and the longer frontal one can be used to gore adversaries with.  Gaurs are the world's largest bovids, and have muscular bodies and thick curved horns.  They occasionally defend themselves from tigers, and are very formidable prey items for them.  The level of power a white rhinoceros can exert with its charge (and horn strikes) vastly exceeds that of a gaur.  Although a gaur can injure many animals with its horns, it won't be able to easily injure a white rhino without a large accumulation of stabs (due to the rhino's greater size and tough hide).  A white rhino can easily impale a gaur with a strong horn strike, and can bowl one over (and trample it) by charging into it.  A gaur can hold its own against most animals (only elephants, rhinos, and hippos exceed it), but a rhino is on a different level.  Even if 2 gaurs cooperate, they will bounce off of a white rhino.  I would actually favor a black rhino against 2 gaurs.  White rhinoceros wins.

Gorilla vs Boa Constrictor: A gorilla can weigh over 7 times as much as a boa constrictor.  Gorillas are the world's largest apes, with some species exceeding 200kg in weight.  A gorilla is a very imposing animal with sharp teeth and a strong bite.  They rarely battle with animals other than other gorillas (conflicts with leopards have been reported), and usually rely on displays of aggression to drive away adversaries.  Gorillas will grab, pull, and bite in a conflict, but their powerful arms (that can span over 2.5m) can apply blunt force as well.  Boa constrictors are smaller than anacondas and pythons.  They kill by ambushing their prey with a fast strike, and wrapping the victim tightly in their coils until asphyxiation occurs.  Boa constrictors aren't a threat to humans, but can deliver a painful bite.  They are fantastic swimmers, but are somewhat limited on land in regards to mobility and stamina.  Gorillas have demonstrated fear upon encountering some reptiles, but a silverback gorilla will fight to the death if his troop is in danger.  A boa constrictor typically doesn't exceed 27kg, and will be too small to apply any effective offense against a gorilla.  The gorilla will be able to grab and bite the snake, and will be strong enough to break its spine or crush its skull.  Gorilla wins.

Hope you have a great Easter as well!

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

Questions regarding animal conflicts within realistic or unrealistic settings are welcome; my strength lies in medium-to-large species. Small animals (including birds of prey), prehistoric animals, sea creatures, and domestic dog breeds are usually within my scope, but to a lesser degree. I can't confidently answer hypothetical questions about human vs animal, arachnids, insects, or amphibians, but I am willing to field them nonetheless.

From a young age, I have been interested in animals. Starting with the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and World Book Encyclopedias, I have seen many animal shows and documentaries and have read multiple books on the subject. I have a solid understanding of the physiology of many animals and interspecies conflict in general.

Associate degree in unrelated field; biology classes in college.