Interspecies Conflict/Health Points

Size Chart
Size Chart  
Hey BK, I want to ask you something,
Let's say in a game, normal humans have 20 HP as their total endurance before dying, what would be the guessed HP of the following:

Next, what other advantages can be applied to Icaroraptor in combat since tools do not help and sentience was already used

Lastly, I attached an image here, judging from the size comparison between the Icaroraptors and the other animals, can you give me the actual size of these creatures?

Next, some match-ups
Great White Shark vs Hyneria
T. rex vs Male African Elephant
White Rhino vs 3 Utahraptors
6 African Lions vs 3 Utahraptors
Ngandong Tiger vs American Lion
American Lion vs Smilodon
Ngandong Tiger vs Arctotherium
Ngandong Tiger vs Smilodon
Ngandong Tiger vs Pleistocene Polar Bear
Deinonychus vs Cougar
Killer Whale vs Dunkleosteus
White Rhino vs Stegosaurus
African Elephant vs Stegosaurus
African Elephant vs Allosaurus Maximus
Yzenda Bear vs Diablotaurus
2 Ngandong Tiger vs Icaroraptor
African Elephant vs Triceratops
Steppe Mammoth vs Triceratops

Hello Lawrence.

Q: Let's say in a game, normal humans have 20 HP as their total endurance before dying, what would be the guessed HP of the following?
A: Not sure here, but I'll give it a shot.
  Gorilla - 200
  Elephant - 4000
  Lion - 250
  Tiger - 250
  T-rex - 5000
  Icaroraptor - 1000
  Xenofelis - 1000

Q: What other advantages can be applied to Icaroraptor in combat since tools do not help and sentience was already used?
A: Breathing fire comes to mind, but that may be too over-the-top.  I would consider the scent glands of a skunk, the electric charge of an electric eel, the chemical-expelling apparatus of the bombardier beetle, or the color-changing ability some animals have (like the chameleon or the octopus) to conceal themselves.

Q: Lastly, I attached an image here, judging from the size comparison between the Icaroraptors and the other animals, can you give me the actual size of these creatures?
A: I know that weights were given to Icaroraptor, Sarchosaurus, Diablotaurus, and the Yzenda bear in prior questions, so I could choose one and base the weights of the others from it.  However, the Allosaurus maximus is the only real animal in the bunch, and we know it weighed about 3 tons (some sources state 4 tons).  Based on the Allosaurus' size (we'll go with 3 tons and slightly more than 3 meters at the hips), I'll give an estimation of the other creature's sizes.  The photo doesn't show the entire Sarchosaurus, but I'll estimate it's dimensions.  Icaroraptor will be about 1.25m at the hips and weigh over 200kg.  Diablotaurus will be almost 3m at the shoulder and will weigh about 4 tons.  Yzenda bear will measure about 3.5m at the shoulder and will weigh about 7 or 8 tons.  Sarchosaurus (which is further back in the picture than the others which makes its size harder to assess) is probably about 6m at the shoulder and weighs approximately 24 tons.  Now if we base the size off of the Icaroraptor (600kg; 1.67m at the hips; 5m long), the Allosaurus maximus will be slightly more than 4m at the hips and weigh close to 7 tons (about the size of a Tyrannosaurus).  Diablotaurus will be almost 4m at the shoulder and weigh well over 9t.  Yzenda bear will be 4.67m at the shoulder and weigh over 18t.  Sarchosaurus will measure about 8m at the shoulder and weigh more than 55t (close to the weight of a sperm whale).  Depends on how you do it.

Great White Shark vs Hyneria: The great white shark typically doesn't exceed 2000kg, but some can exceed 2 1/2 tons in weight.  It greatly exceeded Hyernia in size and weight.  The great white shark is an ambush predator, but its huge set of jaws and razor-sharp teeth are potent assets in any confrontation.  Hyernia was armored around its head and anterior end, and had sharp teeth (some fang-like).  The shark's too big here.  Great white shark wins.

T. rex vs Male African Elephant: These animals are close in weight, but a Tyrannosaurus will typically weigh about 25% more.  African elephants are very strong animals armed with sharp tusks, and are largely impervious to attack when full-grown.  A bull African elephant has only large lion prides (and other bull elephants) that can present problems for it once it reaches adulthood.  The Tyrannosaurus was believed to be a fearsome hunter, and was armed with a huge skull (almost 1.5 meters long) with jaws lined with long, sharp teeth (some nearly as long as pencils).  This huge theropod often dealt with large, well-armed herbivores (like Triceratops) that equaled or exceeded the African elephant in size, and was experienced in doing so.  Adult elephants don't deal with any predators close to their own size, and one would probably flee at the approach of a Tyrannosaurus.  The elephant could potentially injure (or drive away) the huge reptile, but its chances of actually overcoming it aren't good, and it will be vulnerable to a bite from any position.  The Tyrannosaurus would know how to deal with the elephant better than the elephant would know how to deal with it.  Edge to Tyrannosaurus.

White Rhino vs 3 Utahraptors: A white rhinoceros will weigh about 4 1/2 times as much a Utahraptor.  A white rhino has a tank-like build, tough hide, and a long frontal horn that can be used to gore adversaries.  It is extremely powerful, and is typically immune from predation when full-grown.  Utahraptor was a dromaesaurid with unique weaponry (good bite, clawed forelimbs for grabbing, clawed hindlimbs for kicking).  Hunting in a group will certainly help the Utahraptor's cause, and they will probably have a further advantage due to the white rhino's inexperience dealing with creatures like them.  The rhino's hide will protect it to a degree from the theropods' initial attack, but it may not be quick enough to use its horn effectively (especially if the Utahraptors jump upon it).  A maximum-sized white rhinoceros (4 tons) will have a decent chance here, but a typical 2.5 ton one will have trouble keeping itself out of danger.  Close to 50/50 overall.  

6 African Lions vs 3 Utahraptors: Utahraptor weighs twice as much as an African lion.  Lions are capable of bringing down much larger prey items, but they've never dealt with Utahraptors before.  The lions will have great agility, speed, and weaponry, but so will the Utahraptors.  The lions are capable of winning this, but they might not know what to look out for in regards to the Utahraptor's offense.  If they shared the same habitat and the lions had a decent level of experience dealing with these dromaesaurids, I would favor them slightly.  As it is, the larger Utahraptors will have the ability to inflict greater injuries in this melee than the lions will.  Close battle, but slight edge to the Utahraptors.

Ngandong Tiger vs American Lion: I've seen varying weights for both of these cats.  Weights for the Ngandong tiger have ranged from 350kg to 1/2 ton.  The American lion's weight has ranged from 350kg to over 420kg (some sources say it's not as big as it once was believed to be).  American lions may not have been as combative as today's pride-forming ones (and were built more for speed as well).  The Ngandong tiger may have been the largest cat ever to exist, but the same has been said about the American lion.  Close battle at parity between similarly-equipped animals, and the larger cat will be favored.

American Lion vs Smilodon:  These two cats were similar in weight, but the Smilodon populator had a more powerful build.  This would have enabled it to control the positioning battle and give it a good chance to impale the lion's neck with its long upper canines.  The Smilodon's muscular build would have given it more force behind its swipes in a war of the paws (the lion's swipes might have been faster, though, and it probably had a reach advantage).  Close fight, but the Smilodon has a little bit more going for it.  Edge to Smilodon.  

Ngandong Tiger vs Arctotherium: Even at its largest estimated weight the Ngandong tiger will only weigh about 30% of the Arctotherium's weight (imagine a snow leopard taking on a sloth bear).  The Ngandong tiger was undoubtedly a super predator capable of bringing down large prey items (much like the Bengal tiger of today can do), but an Arctotherium's greater strength and paw usage will pose problems for the cat in a face-to-face battle.  The Arctotherium (South American giant short-faced bear) was much like a super-sized version of today's spectacled bear.  The tiger might succeed with a well-executed ambush, but will not have a great chance face-to-face.  Arctotherium wins.

Ngandong Tiger vs Smilodon: These 2 cats were likely close in size (assuming we use the Smilodon populator at 400kg), but the Ngandong tiger may have exceeding it in size (according to some estimations).   Smilodons were stockier than tigers, and were well-practiced at wrestling adversaries into position to be fatally bitten by their long upper canines.  All tigers are quick & agile (and likely exceed the Smilodon in these categories), and commonly tackle large prey items when hunting.  The specialized weaponry of the Smilodon (its "sabers") can end the fight quickly, but gaining positioning against a potentially heavier felid like a Ngandong tiger won't be easy.  At equal weights I favor the Smilodon, but a battle with a 1/2 ton tiger could go either way.  Depends on the actual weights.

Ngandong Tiger vs Pleistocene Polar Bear: Even at its largest estimated weight the Ngandong tiger will only weigh a little more than 40% of the Pleistocene polar bear's weight.  This battle will be similar to a Siberian tiger taking on a polar bear.  Big cats and bears usually match up well at similar weights, but a Pleistocene polar bear weighing over twice as much as a Ngandong tiger will have too many advantages.  The bear will be much stronger, more durable, and have better stamina.  The Ngandong tiger won't be able to control the positioning well enough to secure a finishing bite against this much larger mammal, and won't hold up against the bites and clawing of the ursid.  Pleistocene polar bear wins.

Deinonychus vs Cougar: A cougar will weigh about 1/3 more than a Deinonychus.  Deinonychus was a theropod with a unique variety of weapons.  Along with a strong bite, this creature had clawed hindlimbs to kick/slash with and clawed forelimbs to grip onto any quarry.  Deinonychus was able to leap and make turns rapidly.  A cougar is a very athletic predator that is a master of stealth.  It is quick, powerful, and well armed with jaws & claws.  The cougar will need to be wary of Deinonychus' kicks as it attempts to bring the dromaesaurid to the ground (the best strategy for the cat).  A cougar can bring down a cervid weighing many times its own weight and knows how to deliver a killing bite (neck, throat, snout).  Edge to cougar.

Killer Whale vs Dunkleosteus: A large killer whale (orca) can weigh close to double the weight of Dunkleosteus, and these 2 will be close in length.  A killer whale is an intelligent mammal that typically hunts in a pack.  It has conical teeth measuring up to 10cm in length, and these teeth can pierce and tear.  Dunkleosteus (giant armored fish) is covered in armor plates over much of the front half of its body and is armed with jaws that can slam shut with tremendous force.  Although Dunkleosteus will have a much deadlier bite than the orca, the orca will have greater speed and maneuverability in the water.  This will enable the killer whale to avoid the bite of Dunkleosteus on most occasions while delivering bites of its own on the fish's posterior half.  Good battle, edge to killer whale.

White Rhino vs Stegosaurus: A Stegosaurus will typically weigh about 50% more than a white rhinoceros, but a maximum-sized white rhino can slightly exceed it in weight.  A white rhino has a tank-like build, tough hide, and a long frontal horn that can be used to gore enemies and adversaries.  Stegosaurus has 4 spikes (1m each) on the end of its tail, and is practiced at swinging them at attacking theropods.  A white rhino's horn can damage the unprotected side of the Stegosaurus, but a well-placed tail swing can potentially disable the rhino.  A Stegosaurus with a 50% weight advantage will be favored, but a parity battle will favor the white rhino.  Depends on the weights.

African Elephant vs Stegosaurus:  The African elephant will weigh about 55% more than the Stegosaurus (some estimations place the weight of Stegosaurus closer to the elephant's weight, though).  Stegosaurus was accustomed to being attacked by large theropods, and was adept at swinging its tail (armed with 4 spikes measuring 1 meter long) to defend itself.  Although the more aggressive elephant can certainly charge into the side of the Stegosaurus and drive it away, it won't have the mobility to consistently avoid the tail spikes if both parties stick around to engage in a serious battle.  One accurate strike from these spikes will likely be enough to repel the elephant (but probably won't kill it).  I favor the Stegosaurus at parity, but an elephant with a 55% weight advantage and more aggression will have a decent chance.  Slight edge to the African elephant.

African Elephant vs Allosaurus Maximus: An African elephant will weigh close to double the Allosaurus' weight.  This depends on the mentality of the elephant to some degree.  It may panic at the sight of an approaching Allosaurus, and leave itself vulnerable to attack upon fleeing.  Standing its ground will give it a chance.  The Allosaurus was a skilled hunter of larger animals (although it probably hunted in groups), but learning how to get around an elephant's defenses won't be easy for it.  If the elephant decides to fight, it will probably drive the Allosaurus away on most occasions.  Edge to African elephant.

Yzenda Bear vs Diablotaurus: Close battle based on previous descriptions.  Yzenda bear is very ferocious and can use powerful bites and paw swipes.  It also has very thick skin (4").  Diablotaurus has horns and a strong bite, and can be fierce as well.  The Yzenda bear was described in the past as being a bit more powerful than the Diablotaurus, so I'll give it the edge here.  Edge to Yzenda bear.

2 Ngandong Tigers vs Icaroraptor: Icaroraptor will weigh a bit more than each tiger.  The original Icaroraptor described early on would likely lose this contest, as the tiger would combine their efforts to bowl it over, restrict its movements, and go for a throat-bite kill.  The improved Icaroraptor (described by Anthony), based on greater jaw strength, speed, and use of its tail as a mighty weapon, would probably win.

African Elephant vs Triceratops: A large Triceratops (6-12t) will have a weight advantage over an African elephant.  African elephants are the king of the land animals in today's world, but a Triceratops would trump it.  Elephants are huge animals armed with sharp tusks and a powerful trunk, but they aren't accustomed to dealing with animals in battle close to their own size outside of other elephants.  Triceratops was armed with long brow horns and a protective frill, and was practiced at using its horns to protect itself from large predators (like Tyrannosaurus).  Its weaponry is also positioned better for combat than an elephant's.  Even at parity the Triceratops would prevail, and the weight advantage it enjoys would make the victory a bit easier.  Triceratops wins.   

Steppe Mammoth vs Triceratops: The Steppe mammoth will weigh approximately 50% more than a Triceratops.  The Steppe mammoth resembled an elephant, but was much larger and had longer tusks (and smaller ears).  Its huge tusks were curved upwards, and therefore weren't positioned for effective stabbing.  However, the force of their impact would have cause concussive injuries quite easily (especially against a smaller opponent).  Triceratops had better overall weaponry (long brow horns, protective neck frill), and was accustomed to dealing with predatory adversaries (like Tyrannosaurus) close to its own size.  A Triceratops would easily defeat a mammoth at parity, but would lose against one double its weight.  Close fight at these weights; edge to Triceratops.

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

Questions regarding animal conflicts within realistic or unrealistic settings are welcome; my strength lies in medium-to-large species. Small animals (including birds of prey), prehistoric animals, sea creatures, and domestic dog breeds are usually within my scope, but to a lesser degree. I can't confidently answer hypothetical questions about human vs animal, arachnids, insects, or amphibians, but I am willing to field them nonetheless.

From a young age, I have been interested in animals. Starting with the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and World Book Encyclopedias, I have seen many animal shows and documentaries and have read multiple books on the subject. I have a solid understanding of the physiology of many animals and interspecies conflict in general.

Associate degree in unrelated field; biology classes in college.