Interspecies Conflict/Human Abilities

Hey BK, I have a few questions

How much can a human bench press if he can:

Resist a death-roll from a 22 feet Saltwater Crocodile

Block a full-force swipe from a 600 kg Kodiak Bear

Wrestle with a  3 ton rhino

Knock a male African lion unconscious with a single punch

and some normal match-ups
Dire Wolf vs Deinonychus
Kodiak Bear vs Ngandong Tiger
Ngandong Tiger vs Gaur
Hippo vs Ngandong Tiger

And if possible...
Sarchosaurus vs King Kong
King Kong vs Indominus rex

And I would like to make a park, the size of Alaska with lush forests and grasslands, here are the species, please give a full detail of their survival

Pack of 10 Icaroraptors
Pack of 15 Arcturus Wolves
Pack of 25 Xenofelis
Pack of 40 Helloids
Yzenda Bear

White Rhino
African Elephant

(Please take into account the symbiotic relationships mentioned in the previous questions)

Hello Lawrence.

Q: How much can a human bench press if he can resist a death roll from a 22ft saltwater crocodile?
A: Humans can be strong in different ways, and one being proficient at bench pressing doesn't necessarily mean that strength will translate to other activities at the same level.  There's no way to say for sure how much someone that can stop a 22ft crocodile from death-rolling can bench.  Considering the massive amount of torque a crocodile that size would be able to apply in a spinning maneuver, the strength of that human would need to be many times stronger than any human that ever existed.  If we assume the encounter takes place near the shore where the crocodile is immersed in water and the human can still stand on solid ground (maybe water 1 meter deep), I'd guess the human will probably need to be able to bench press 8 tons considering the human's much smaller size compared to the crocodile.

Q: How much can a human bench press if he can block a full-force swipe from a 600kg Kodiak bear?
A: A Kodiak bear can swipe with a tremendous amount of force, so anyone blocking this swipe would need to be brutally strong as well.  I'd guess a human benching over 4 tons might be able to consistently do this (assuming the human's application of brute strength is consistent in all actions).

Q: How much can a human bench press if he can wrestle with a 3-ton rhino?
A: A rhinoceros is an extremely strong animal that can make powerful movements to trample or gore adversaries.  Considering the human will need to control the rhino's movements and avoid the dangerous horn while being a great deal smaller, I'd guess the human will need to be able to bench around 16 tons to consistently wrestle with a rhino without being overwhelmed.

Q: How much can a human bench press if he can knock a male African lion unconscious with a single punch?
A: There's more to delivering an effective punch than strength.  The technique of the punch, the speed of the punch, and the exact area targeted can be factors as well.  Considering a lion can sometimes absorb a zebra's kick and continue attacking says a lot about the toughness of this big cat.  A zebra's kick is much, much stronger than any boxer's punch, and having a strong bench press doesn't mean a human will throw a punch with the skill or speed of a trained boxer.  The current bench press record (without assisting equipment) is just over 325kg, and there's no guarantee that someone benching that much can punch any more effectively than a trained boxer that can't bench nearly as much.  I'd guess a person benching 4 tons might be able to consistent do this, but that's only if the lion doesn't move.

Dire Wolf vs Deinonychus: Both animals will weigh about the same.  The dire wolf has a crushing bite, but no other weaponry.  Deinonychus has the claws to kick with and a decent set of jaws to bite with.  The biggest obstacle for the wolf to overcome will be the kicks.  It would need to avoid them while rushing in to land a good bite, and then hope it grabbed onto an area that would prevent the dinosaur from counter-attacking with bites or kicks.  I don't like the dire wolf's chances to accomplish this on most occasions.  Good fight, but edge to Deinonychus.  

Kodiak Bear vs Ngandong Tiger: The Kodiak bear will weigh anywhere from 50% more to almost twice as much as the Ngandong tiger (the Ngandong tiger's weight is believed to be somewhere between 350-450kg).  Kodiak bears are very strong, durable, and have great endurance.  They can bite, use their forepaws to control positioning, and swipe with their long claws.  The Ngandong tiger is the largest tiger ever to exist, and may be the largest cat ever to exist.  Tigers have great agility, speed, and athleticism, but these attributes won't big advantages in a close-quarters battle with a brown bear.  A tiger attempting to move into a "killing bite position" with a brown bear will be in range of the bear's forepaws, and will be at a strength disadvantage with one larger than itself.  I consider a big cat vs brown bear matchup to be close at parity, and here the bear is much larger.  A Ngandong tiger can certainly pull this off (especially with an ambush), but it won't be favored.  Kodiak bear wins.

Ngandong Tiger vs Gaur: A large bull gaur can weigh anywhere from 3-4 times as much as a Ngandong tiger.  Bengal tigers sometimes ambush adult gaur, but don't have much luck in face-to-face battles with the huge bovid.  The Ngandong tiger is much larger than a Bengal tiger, and will have a better chance to succeed, but will still be facing a tough challenge.  A gaur is the largest wild bovid, and although they typically don't exceed 1000kg, the largest ones can reportedly weigh over 1360kg.  A gaur is very muscular and powerful, and has thick curved horns to defend itself with.  If the Ngandong tiger can use its agility and quickness to get into a good killing position (clinging to the gaur where it can apply a throat bite while being able to avoid the gaur's counter-attacks), it can succeed in killing the gaur.  On most occasions the gaur will be able to repel the Ngandong tiger if it is aware of the big cat's presence.  Edge to gaur.

Hippo vs Ngandong Tiger: The hippo will weigh anywhere from 6-8 times as much as the Ngandong tiger.  Hippos are among Africa's most aggressive and dangerous animals.  They are very territorial at the river's edge, and can be hostile to intruders.  Hippos have thick skin and rotund bodies.  Their jaws can open over a meter wide, and these jaws are equipped with sharp-edged canines (to bite and slash with) and forward-pointing incisors (to thrust with).  Hippos aren't as comfortable on land as they are in the water, but can make quick movements when they need to.  The Ngandong tiger will have the quickness and agility to avoid the hippo's jaws, and will actually have a decent chance to leap upon the larger animal's back and attack from a safer location.  The tiger can cling on tight with its huge claws, and use it sharp teeth to bite into the hide of the hippo.  Because the hide of the hippo is so thick (approximately 15"),  the Ngandong tiger will take a long time to breach it.  The endurance of any big cat is somewhat limited (they pack a lot of explosive action into a small time frame to accomplish their goals), and the tiger may give up on its assault before the hippo is dispatched.  This could go either way depending on how it plays out, but the edge goes to the hippo by the water's edge and the Ngandong tiger (if we use the 450kg one) on dry land.

Sarchosaurus vs King Kong: This depends on the actual size of King Kong (if we use the one in the 2005 film).  The description states King Kong is 8m tall, and a gorilla that tall would weigh somewhere around 16.5 tons.  However, in the fight with the Tyrannosaurus, King Kong does not appear to outweigh the dinosaur (a Tyrannosaurus can weigh close to 7.5 tons).  in the movie, King Kong seemed to have a degree of sentience, and seemed to know how to attack the Tyrannosaurus with the greatest effect (something a real gorilla wouldn't be able to do at nearly the same level).  The King Kong in the fight scene with the Tyrannosaurus was probably a little bit lighter than the dinosaur, and might have stood close to 6m tall if it stood up.  If we use the King Kong in that fight scene against Sarchosaurus (20t), the ape will be giving up a lot of weight and will likely lose.  If we use the 8m tall 16.5t version, King Kong will likely have the edge.  With another movie descriptor stating King Kong can lift twice his own weight, the 16.5t version would be able to lift Sarchosaurus in the air with ease.  The one in the movie's fight scene would not be able to do this.  

King Kong vs Indominus rex: Again, this depends on the weight and size of King Kong.  The one in the movie's fight scene was probably lighter than Indominus rex, and probably on par with its intelligence.  King Kong dominated the Tyrannosaurus in the fight scene, but Indominus rex would have posed more challenges.  The theropod hybrid had huge forelimbs (in comparison to T-rex) that could have been used offensively, and its ability to strategize would have made it a more crafty opponent.  Indominus rex may have used its camouflage as well.  The 16.5t version of King Kong would have been able to overpower Indominus rex with its greater size and strength.  16.5t version wins, movie version probably a 50/50.

Park question: Due to the amount of animals you have listed (predator and prey), there's no way to give a detailed description of their interactions and survival techniques.  I can give a generalization of each predatory group to give you an idea of how things might transpire in the park, but it's largely guesswork considering the inclusion of made-up animals.

Pack of 10 Icaroraptors: Will have the ability to kill any other single animal in the park (Argentinosaurus, Triceratops, Ankylosaurus, African elephant, Indricotherium, etc.).  As a group will the 3rd strongest entity in the park.  Any alliances will increase their rating as a whole.

Pack of 15 Arcturus Wolves: Will have trouble with any hostile encounters with Icaroraptors, Xenos, Helloids, and possibly Sarchosaurus.  Will sometimes hold their own against Diablotaurus and Yzenda bear, but will need to be careful in those encounters (they may lose on occasion).  Animals off the menu include Argentinosaurus, Triceratops, Indricotherium, African elephant, and white rhino.  Will have trouble with Gloffiphant, Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, and possibly others. Will be able to corral the swifter animals.

Pack of 25 Xenofelis: Will be the strongest entity in the park.  Will be able to predate upon any other group or single entity, and will only have trouble with Helloids.

Pack of 40 Helloids: Will be the 2nd strongest entity in the park.  Will have trouble with Xenos, possibly Icaroraptors, and any alliance between other groups or single animals (Icaroraptors, Arcturus wolves, Sarchosaurus, etc.).  Will be able to predate upon most others, but Argentinosaurus, Triceratops, Ankylosaurus, Indricotherium and others may not be worth the energy.  Gazelles and other antelope will be safe unless ambushed or surrounded.

Sarchosaurus: Will be the most powerful single predator in the park.  Will have trouble with the group animals, but can defend itself well against Arturus wolves.  Will be strong enough to repel Diablotaurus and Yzenda bear (even if they gang up on it).  Will have trouble predating upon Argentinosaurus due to the sauropod's size, but will have a shot at some of the other herbivores.  Coalitions with any group animals will greatly increase its hunting and defense capabilities.

Diablotaurus: Will be one of the more powerful single animals, but will have its limits.  Any encounter with Yzenda bear will be a close battle.  Will have trouble with any of the groups in the park, but may repel the Arturus wolves on occasion.  Will likely back down to Argentinosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Triceratops, and Indricotherium, but will have a chance to overcome Stegosaurus, Gloffiphant, African elephant, and white rhino (but may be killed by any of them).

Yzenda Bear: Will be one of the more powerful single animals.  Will have trouble with group animals, but will have a chance to repel or defeat the Arturus wolves.   Will likely back down to Argentinosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Triceratops, and Indricotherium, but will have a chance to overcome Stegosaurus, Gloffiphant, African elephant, and white rhino (but may be killed by any of them).  On par with Diablotaurus in regards to being an overall threat, but would probably have the edge in a one-on-one battle.

The antelopes (gazelles, gemsboks) will have the speed to escape most of the predators, but will be taken by the craftier ones and the ones that form groups.  Gorillas will need to use trees to escape if they can, but even this won't guarantee their safety.  Tenontosaurus and Parasaurolophus are large in size, but don't have the defenses to survive against many of the predators in this park.  They will be prime targets.

Best regards.  

Interspecies Conflict

Questions regarding animal conflicts within realistic or unrealistic settings are welcome; my strength lies in medium-to-large species. Small animals (including birds of prey), prehistoric animals, sea creatures, and domestic dog breeds are usually within my scope, but to a lesser degree. I can't confidently answer hypothetical questions about human vs animal, arachnids, insects, or amphibians, but I am willing to field them nonetheless.

From a young age, I have been interested in animals. Starting with the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and World Book Encyclopedias, I have seen many animal shows and documentaries and have read multiple books on the subject. I have a solid understanding of the physiology of many animals and interspecies conflict in general.

Associate degree in unrelated field; biology classes in college.