Interspecies Conflict/Rufos

Question
Hello BK, nice to be talking to you again and I have a very interesting question.

This is a new animal called the Rufo its an animal like a rhino but bigger and more formidable. There are 4 species of Rufos. To list them with there weight and weopanry. Here they are.  

White Rufo- 13 feet long 9'000 pounds. 3 foot horn on its face,3 inch thick skin and can charge 35 miles per hour.

Gray Rufo- 16 feet long 10'000 pounds. 4 foot horn on its face 4 inch thick skin and can charge 38 miles per hour!

Brown Rufo- 15 feet long 11'000 pounds. 5 foot horn on its face, 5 inch thick skin and can charge 30 miles per hour!

Blue Rufo- 17 feet long !4'000 pounds. 4 foot horn on its face can charge 34 miles per hour!

White Rufos live in the mountains of Africa.

Gray Rufos live on the plains of Africa.

Brown Rufos live in india on the plains.

Blue Rufos live in the rivers of Africa.

Judging by what I told you about this new species how do you think they'll adapt to there habitats I named and what natural predators do you think they'll have?

Thank You

Answer
Hello Gian.

Q: How do you think they'll (white, gray, brown, and blue Rufos) adapt to their habitats and what natural predators do you think they'll have?

A: Stated below.

White Rufos in the mountains of Africa: Kenya, Ethiopia, and Tanzania are 3 countries in Africa that have many mountainous areas.  If the white Rufo is similar to a rhinoceros, it may not have the build to move around readily in mountainous areas while maintaining proper footing.  Assuming the creature has lived there for many generations, it may have adapted the body type and features needed to do this.  It is paramount that grass and water exist in ready supply.  In the same way a full-grown healthy white rhinoceros is virtually immune to predation, this larger version will be as well.  Sub-adults may fall victim to lion prides or large hyena clans.  Only elephants will have a chance to dominate a white Rufo.  

Gray Rufos on the plains of Africa: The gray Rufos should do rather well here, as there is grass to eat and water to drink.  A large elephant will be needed to push a gray Rufo around, and many of these creatures (Rufos) will be able to hold their own in an encounter with many of them.  I favor a white rhinoceros over an elephant at parity, and the Rufo gets the same consideration.  Full-grown ones will be immune from predation; sub-adults may be vulnerable to attack from the more formidable predators (crocodiles, lions, hyenas) if they are still quite small.  

Brown Rufos in India on the plains: A brown Rufo will be close to the size of an average African elephant and will be larger than any wild animal India has to offer (including the Asian elephant and the Indian rhino).  Again, as long as grass and water is available, the brown Rufos should be fine.  India's major predator that might cross paths with the brown Rufo is the Bengal tiger, and even though the tiger is likely more capable of taking large prey than any other land predator on the planet, it won't be a serious threat to a full-grown brown Rufo.

Blue Rufos in the rivers of Africa: The blue Rufo is as massive as the the largest of Africa's elephants, and will compete with them for title of "World's Largest Land Animal".  The blue Rufo will do fine along the rivers of Africa, and will only be threatened by other blue Rufos and the occasional enormous African male elephant (but will typically more than hold its own).  Again, as long as grass and water are plentiful, the blue Rufo should have a rather comfortable existence (sans the interference man may impose).  The rivers of Africa are usually home to a host of formidable animals (elephants, hippopotamuses, Nile crocodiles, Cape buffalo, lion prides, hyenas clans, etc.), but none will be a serious threat to the blue Rufo's livelihood.  Other herbivores will back down regardless of location (even the territorial and aggressive hippo), and no predators will be able to routinely tackle the blue Rufo even at average size.  The size, power, and weaponry of the blue Rufo is at a very high level.  The blue Rufo's running speed is not something that will be necessarily used in combat, but its ability to move its 7-ton body at 34mph means that its ability to turn and thrust quickly and with great power (which is an ability that will be used in combat) is likely quite substantial.  No modern land creature will be able to consistently challenge a full-grown male blue Rufo one-on-one, and finding a match for this creature will require extracting an opponent from prehistoric times.  Even the similarly-sized Tyrannosaurus will have its hands full trying to predate upon an adult blue Rufo.

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

BK