Interspecies Conflict/weapons

1) brock lesnar (no weapons, only light clothing) vs 10kg harpy eagle
2) 20kg caracal vs 10kg harpy eagle
3) 160t mśmakil vs 2 x modern soldier (armed with 1x M16 rifle (2 x 30 5,54x45 ammo and 1x m79 grenade launcher with 3x 40mm amrour piercing munition) they have 50m distance

Hello David.

1) Brock Lesnar (no weapons, only light clothing) vs 10kg harpy eagle: Brock Lesnar will weigh 12 times more than the harpy eagle.  Lesnar is a powerful human, well-versed in fighting other humans in the UFC and demonstrating his physical abilities further in his profession wrestling career.  He is likely near the top among humans in regards to combat ability.  The harpy eagle may be the most powerful flying bird of prey in the modern world (the others in consideration for this title being the Philippine eagle and the Steller's sea eagle).  It has sharp talons that can clamp onto targeted prey items with a great deal of force, and a hooked beak that helps it rip off chunks of meat.  With this type of matchup, it's hard to set the stage for a fair fight because the harpy eagle's strength as a hunter is a devastating ambush (which can be thwarted by a large human aware of its approach).  The harpy eagle can certainly kill a human being with an ambush if its contact is precise (or if multiple assaults occur), but can risk significant injury if it engages in a struggle with a much stronger adversary.  Brock Lesnar will surely receive injuries from an attacking harpy eagle, but will have the ability to dispatch the bird once he gets his hands upon it.  The only real chance for the harpy eagle is a sneak attack, and its success will be contingent upon the level of damage it can inflict with its first strike.  It won't be easy, but Lesnar should win in most situations based somewhat on the fact he is a mighty human being that can withstand injuries better than a typical human.  Edge to Brock Lesnar.

2) 20kg caracal vs 10kg harpy eagle: As with the last matchup, the outcome of this confrontation will depend largely on how it unfolds.  The caracal is a very athletic cat with great jumping ability and speed.  It is a carnivore that resembles a lynx, but with a tawny coat.  The caracal's sharp claws and teeth are its weapons, and it can kill medium-sized prey items on occasion.  If a caracal does not see the harpy eagle swooping toward it, it can be potentially be disabled or even killed by the bird (precision will be a factor; many areas on the caracal can be struck or seized without enough damage inflicted to prevent immediate reprisal).  If the caracal sees the eagle approach, it will have a chance to parry the bird's attack and counter-attack with its claws and jaws (not a guarantee, though).  If these 2 animals shared the same habitat, it is unlikely the harpy eagle would target a full-sized caracal as a prey item due to the level of risk.  The caracal might try to attack a grounded harpy eagle, but on most occasions the 2 would carve out their own niche in the ecosystem as successful predators and avoid each other when possible (and their habitats would not be identical).  Although the eagle will have an advantage initially by being in the air, it may not be able to attack and retain the ability to lift off again to attempt another attack (the caracal will have a chance to cling to it and keep it grounded).  The best weapon in this battle belongs to the harpy eagle (talon grip), but in most scenarios the caracal will be able to apply its offense with less restrictions from more positions.  The harpy eagle will probably have the slight edge with an ambush (if it can seize a vulnerable area to apply its grip after the strike), but the caracal will have the edge if it sees the eagle approaching.  The predatory caracal is a much more capable fighter than most (if not all) animals a harpy eagle targets as prey, and the cat is a bit larger as well.  Both can win; depends on the circumstances, overall edge to caracal.

3) 160t mśmakil vs 2 x modern soldier (armed with 1x M16 rifle (2 x 30 5,54x45 ammo and 1x m79 grenade launcher with 3x 40mm amrour piercing munition) they have 50m distance: The mūmak is the huge elephant-like creature from "The Lord Of The Rings" movie, and it was likely close to 3 times as tall at the shoulder than a male African elephant.  Several key factors need to be considered with this matchup.  The mūmak will likely attack without provocation, so the distance the soldiers are away from it when they begin their assault will be important.  The location of the damage the soldiers inflict with their weapons will be another factor, as some areas on the mūmak's body will be less vulnerable than others.  The further away the soldiers are, the safer they will be, but the less accurate they will be.  The M16s can disable the mūmak if all rounds enter the head area, and the grenade launcher can cause massive damage (enough to kill) if the same area is struck.  The soldiers may be able to disable the mūmak's ability to advance with an initial shot with the grenade launcher, and then move in closer in relative safety to finish it off with more accurate shots with the M16s.  How accurate the soldiers are will be a factor.  They can make a kill here, but how often they will actually do so isn't something etched in stone.  Overall edge to soldiers.

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

Questions regarding animal conflicts within realistic or unrealistic settings are welcome; my strength lies in medium-to-large species. Small animals (including birds of prey), prehistoric animals, sea creatures, and domestic dog breeds are usually within my scope, but to a lesser degree. I can't confidently answer hypothetical questions about human vs animal, arachnids, insects, or amphibians, but I am willing to field them nonetheless.

From a young age, I have been interested in animals. Starting with the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and World Book Encyclopedias, I have seen many animal shows and documentaries and have read multiple books on the subject. I have a solid understanding of the physiology of many animals and interspecies conflict in general.

Associate degree in unrelated field; biology classes in college.