Interspecies Conflict/ANIMAL ATTRIBUTES

Question
Hello BK! I wish from the scores for attributes of these animals: chimp, orangutan, gorilla, leopard, jaguar, tiger, wolverine, timber wolf, spotted hiena, nile croccodile, alligator, daedroth, brown bear, giant pand, trex, tiger shark, white shark, bull shark, blue shark, goblin shark and greenland shark. attributes are strength, durability, endurance, agility which we abbreviate in STR, DUR, END, AGI, the as a percentage from 1 to 100 in proportion to the size.
MORE to score this attributes + intelligence of these animals in absolute terms taking into account the size, Taking into account that the average modern male human attributes is STR 10, DUR 10, END 10, AGI 10, and INT 100,
average modern woman, male cro-magnon, male neanderthal, male austrolopitecus, male habilis, male erectus, 45kg dobermann, 60 kg rottweiller, 60kg grey wolf, 70kg spotted hiena, 75kg chimp, 80kg leopard, 100kg orangutan, 130kg jaguar, 150kg blue shark and sand shark, 175 kg reticulad pyton, 175kg gorilla, 200kg bull shark, 225kg tiger, 230kg anaconda, 300kg goblin shark,400kg grizzly,500 kg alligator, 600kg hammerhead, 680kg polar bear, 750kg tiger shark, 1000kg croccodile, 1350kg greenland shark, 2500kg white shark, as demand is long and challenging if you define intelligence of certain animals and too complex you can skip this, thanks!

Answer
Hello Roby.

Making a list of multiple animals in which a comparative rating of various attributes is used can be quite problematic.  The type of strength each animal has and how it is used can't be directly and accurately compared across the board because each animal's physiology is unique.  How strong a wild animal is, for example, is determined in part by what we see the animals do when they exert themselves physically in some way.  Humans have witnessed elephants pushing over trees, bears moving large objects with ease, and big cats drag heavy carcasses across ground or up into a tree.  We're able to get a more accurate reading on animals that are domestic or can be domesticated.  Using a pair of oxen to pull a heavy load can give us a decent idea of how much these animals can pull, but trying to determine strength when pushing or lifting might be guesswork if that's not what task the animal is accomplishing.  We have a decent idea of the strength, durability, endurance, and agility of some animals by observation and occasional testing (only with a few species), and intelligence can be estimated but not accurately pinned down.  Humans don't have direct contact (for extensive study) with giant squids due to their location in the ocean's depths, but we can assume they have a decent amount of intelligence based on evidence of high intelligence in the octopus (a cephalopod we are able to study a lot more).  I can't accurately assign a exact rating to each animal's attributes, but I will include a bit of information with each animal that may be helpful.

Chimpanzee: Believed to be approximately 4 times stronger than an average human; perhaps only twice as strong as a strong human.  More durable than a human; likely more stamina.  Lots of mobility and good agility (moves well through the trees).

Orangutan: Perhaps the strongest ape pound-for-pound.  Great agility in the trees; poor mobility on the ground.

Gorilla: Great strength and size; many times stronger than an average human.  Not as agile as the smaller apes, but probably has comparable agility to a human for its body size.  More durable than a human, but not as durable as, let's say, a bear.

Leopard: Brute strength likely close to par with a chimpanzee (maybe a bit lower), but power (strength + speed) likely exceeds any ape.  Built for intense action in a short period of time; stamina limited.  Extremely agile; far exceeding any human.

Jaguar: Believed to be the strongest big cat pound-for-pound.  Likely more brute strength than a chimpanzee, and far greater power.  Stamina limited (as in all big cats).  Stockier build than leopard, so agility might be a bit less.

Tiger: Strength probably close to leopard's for its size.  Tigers have been known to drag heavy prey items (like gaur or water buffalo) long distances across the ground.  Phenomenal agility; regular big-cat stamina.

Wolverine: Believed to be one of the strongest (if not the strongest) mammal pound-for-pound.  Great durability (thick fur) and stamina.  Agility is good, but supple body gives it great mobility and flexibility.

Timber wolf: The timber wolf (another name for the grey wolf) is stronger than an average human pound-for-pound, but probably not as strong as a chimpanzee pound-for-pound.  More durable than a human (and likely a chimp, too), and good agility when making turns while running or fighting.  Not as agile as a big cat, but more agile than a human.  Stamina is great.  Although it's reported that a pack of grey wolves will sometimes chase a prey item for many miles to tire it out, this is actually uncommon.  The chases aren't quite that long most of the time.  

Spotted hyena: Probably comparable in brute strength (pound-for-pound) as a big cat, but with less explosive power.  Very durable animal (often survives attacks from lions and leopards).  Endurance is fantastic.  Agility isn't on the same level as a wolf's, but probably greater than the average human.  Runs with a clumsy gait.

Nile crocodile: It is believed by many that the brute strength of some reptiles is comparable to (or at a higher level than) many mammals.  Seeing a Nile crocodile sling a wildebeest or zebra into the river with ease is a testament to its great strength.  In nature programs where people have to jump onto a crocodile to hold it still, they are thrown off with ease on many occasions (and sometimes injured).  I'm not sure, but I'd guess that a crocodiles' brute strength in short bursts is comparable to a bear's.  Although crocodiles typically have limited stamina (due to a buildup of lactic acid during exertion), they will sometimes battle strongly for an extended time when captured in a net.  Agility is very good in the water and decent on land, but its overall mobility and stamina is poor on most occasions on land.  The armored hide makes a Nile crocodile extremely durable.  

Alligator: Similar attributes to the crocodile.  One program I watched a bit of stated that the stamina of an alligator is slightly better than the stamina of a crocodile, but I haven't seen that information stated anywhere that makes me endorse it as fact.

Daedroth: Not sure here.  It's hard to compare a video-game creature to a real creature.  Its durability is probably quite high considering its hide is similar to a crocodilian's, and its stamina may be limited if its biological makeup is similar to one of these reptiles.  Its leaping ability is at a good level for a creature of its size, and its agility is very good as well.

Brown bear: A very strong animal.  The wolverine may exceed it in pound-for-pound strength, but if it does it's not by much.  Brown bears have muscular shoulder humps that grant them great strength when digging or swiping, and only the polar bear might be a stronger bear from nose-to-tail.  Brown bears are not as fast or agile as a big cat, but they have exceptional endurance, and can battle strongly for a long time.  A brown bear does have a high level of agility for its size, and its paws can make swipes in a fraction of a second.  Coarse hair makes the brown bear a durable animal.  A brown bear has more brute strength than any of the big cats or great apes, but its overall power might not exceed that of some of the big cats.

Giant panda: It's a true bear, so the great strength is there.  It's durability is probably close to that of most other bears, but due to its relatively sedentary lifestyle, its stamina and agility might not quite be on par.  I have seen videos of angry pandas moving rather quickly, though.

Tyrannosaurus: Hard to say with this one.  It's debatable whether or not dinosaurs were cold-blooded or warm-blooded, and I think that would make a difference.  With a growing belief that many of them may have been warm-blooded (and even had feathers), it's possibly their endurance was solid.  The strength was likely close to par with crocodilians, its overall durability was probably higher than most mammals, and its agility was probably limited due to its great size (the weight of an elephant).

Tiger shark: We can guess how strong sharks are by observation of their actions when they use strength and by our encounters with other fish.  Many anglers have a very tough time reeling in a struggling marlin or other fish due to its strength and tenacity, and it can be assumed that a shark weighing well over 450kg will have a great deal of strength and power.  A shark's body is built to move powerfully through the water (the motions they make and the placement of their fins has a lot to do with this), and its pound-for-pound strength is likely high (maybe comparable to a crocodilian?).  It's stamina may be on par with the best of mammals, as many large fish caught on lines can battle fiercely and strongly for long periods of time.  On the other hand, some sharks (like the tiger shark) can't maintain their top swimming speeds for a great length of time.  Sharks are durable, as their many scales form a type of armor to protect them from attack.

Great white shark: Same as with the tiger shark; agility might be slightly less due to greater size.  Seeing great white sharks completely breach the water is an example of how powerful they must be.

Bull shark: Same as the other sharks; more agility due to smaller size and more slender build.

Blue shark: Similar to bull shark, but more slender.

Goblin shark: The goblin shark is rarely seen, and one that was captured did poorly in captivity.  Hard to say with this one.

Greenland shark: Very large shark that is typically sluggish, but capable of quick bursts of speed.  Maybe not as physically impressive as the great white, but comparable to many large sharks.

* For this part I can only guess about these attributes, but I'll try to give a basic idea of them.  Doing an accurate rating with a list this long will be problematic as well.

Average modern woman: Not as physically strong as an average male (as is the case in many species), the other physical traits may be comparable, intelligence comparable (and greater on occasion).

Male Cro-Magnon: Without having technology (for ease of life) used by modern humans, likely stronger and more durable than the average human.  Very large and muscular.  Probably not as intelligent as modern humans.

Male Neanderthal: Neanderthals, because of their livelihoods, needed to be stronger than humans of today.  Neanderthals used fire and tools to make surviving easier, but obviously didn't have the modern conveniences (or level of intelligence) of today's humans.  Twice as strong as modern humans would be my guess.  One barometer for intelligence is brain size compared to body size, but it's not always an accurate determination of intelligence (a shrew's brain is almost 5 times larger than a human's in comparison to its body size; doesn't mean a shrew is smarter than a human).  Neanderthals had enough space in their craniums for a large brain.  

Male Australopithecus: There are a few types (garhi, anamensis, bahrelghazali, africanus, afarensis), and all were likely stronger and more durable than the average human.  Possibly greater stamina and agility (some bipedal; some not).  Not as intelligent as modern humans.

Male Homo Habilis: Larger brain than Australopithecus (but smaller than Neanderthal); used tools (Habilis means "handyman").  Smaller than modern humans, but likely stronger pound-for-pound.  Not as intelligent as modern humans.

Male Homo Erectus: Larger brain than Habilis; smaller than Neanderthal.  Not as intelligent as modern humans.

45kg Doberman: Will be stronger than average human; very intelligent.

60kg Rottweiler: Will be stronger than average human; very intelligent.

60kg Grey wolf: Will be stronger than average human (and perhaps a strong one); very intelligent.

70kg Spotted hyena: Probably twice a strong as average human.   

75kg Chimpanzee: Very large chimpanzee; likely over 4 times stronger than average human.  One of the most intelligent animals; possibly the most intelligent after humans.

80kg Leopard: Cats are quite intelligent, but I must mention this story.  On an episode of "Big Cat Diary", a lion was trying to guard 2 separate kills (several meters apart) from scavengers (mostly vultures).  The lion kept running back and forth to protect each kill, but the one left unguarded each time was where the scavengers converged.  The lion did not think to drag one carcass close to the other one so that it could guard both meals.  Doesn't mean the lion wasn't intelligent; just that there were limits to its intelligence.  In regards to big cat strength, I'll tell this story: A long time ago I visited a friend of mine who had a license to have a cougar as a pet.  This cougar was only average-sized (maybe the size of a Golden Retriever dog), and was friendly.  I was in its cage and decided to test how strong it was.  I tried to grab it and hold it still for a few moments, but it was way too strong.  It moved whenever it wanted to move even though I weighed more than it did.  Big acts are even stronger than they look, and an 80kg leopard is likely 3 or 4 times as strong as an average human.

100kg Orangutan: Likely on par with chimpanzee intelligence.

130kg Jaguar: Likely on par with the leopard.

150kg Blue shark: The ratio of a shark's brain size compared to its body varies from shark-to-shark, but sharks likely have comparable intelligence to one another.

150kg Sand shark: See blue shark.

175kg Reticulated python: Similar to anaconda, but not as heavy at similar lengths.  Maybe not as strong as an anaconda, but faster and more agile.

175kg Gorilla: Slightly above average size for the largest species of gorilla.  One this size might be over 8 times the strength of average human in absolute terms, pound-for-pound might be close to chimp's.  Intelligence close to par with the other apes.  

200kg Bull shark: See blue shark.

225kg Tiger: See leopard.

230kg Anaconda: A green anaconda is very muscular and strong.  Perhaps on par with the crocodile or the alligator in pound-for-pound strength .  Can be injured by a capybara bite, but still a durable animal overall.  Stamina isn't great; but better in water than on land.  Very agile.  Probably not as intelligent as some mammals.

300kg Goblin shark: See blue shark.

400kg Grizzly bear: Brain approximately 1/1000th of body weight; many bears demonstrate good intelligence.

500kg Alligator: Small brain compared to mammals.

600kg Hammerhead shark: See blue shark.

680kg Polar bear: See grizzly bear.

750kg Tiger shark: See blue shark.

1000kg Crocodile: See alligator.

1350kg Greenland shark: See blue shark.

2500kg Great white shark: A great white shark of this size may only have a brain weighing 250g, but it is likely on par with other sharks in regards to intelligence.

Hope I answered some of these questions the way you wanted me to.  These kind of questions aren't my strong suit, but I figured I'd give it a whirl.  I am more comfortable answering questions about animal conflicts.

Best regards.  

Interspecies Conflict

BK