Interspecies Conflict/litle world

1) Eurasian collared dove x Eurasian magpie (pariti)
2) Eurasian collared dove x Eurasian magpie (realistic maximum size)
3) clouded leopard vs serval (pariti)

Hello David.

Eurasian collared dove vs Eurasian magpie (parity): At parity the Eurasian collared dove and the Eurasian magpie will have almost equal wingspans, but the magpie will measure over 1/3 more in length.  According to "The Encyclopedia Of Birds" by Per Christiansen and Paula Hammond, the Eurasian collared dove eats cereal, seeds, and invertebrates, and the Eurasian magpie eats insects, seeds, fruit, and carrion.  The Eurasian magpie can be aggressive at times, and they are quite intelligent.  The magpie's bill is stout and powerful as well.  I'd give the edge to the Eurasian magpie here.

Eurasian collared dove vs Eurasian magpie (realistic maximum size): According to "The Encyclopedia Of Birds", the Eurasian collared dove can weigh 200g, have a wingspan of 56cm, and a length of 34cm.  This book also states that the Eurasian magpie (or common magpie) can weigh 240g (males), have a wingspan of 60cm, and a length of 51cm.  At maximum weights the Eurasian magpie will weigh about 20% more than the Eurasian collared dove, and I favored the magpie at parity.  Edge to Eurasian magpie.   

clouded leopard vs serval (parity): According to "Carnivores Of The World" by Luke Hunter, the clouded leopard can weigh 25kg and the serval can weigh 18kg.  A parity matchup will be between an average-sized clouded leopard and a maximum-sized serval.  The serval will measure about 20% taller at the shoulder.  Clouded leopards look physically similar to big cats, and these frequently arboreal felids are extremely agile and athletic.  According to "Wild Cats Of The World" by Mel Sunquist and Fiona Sunquist, "...they are able to climb slowly down a vertical trunk headfirst, move along horizontal branches while hanging beneath them like a sloth...".  The clouded leopard preys upon pigs, deer, monkeys, and other small-to-medium sized animals.  It kills them by biting the neck with its strong jaws.  The clouded leopard's upper canines are the longest for its size among all cats, and they can measure 4cm in length.  Because of this, this cat resembles a small version of the Smilodon (saber-toothed cat).  "Wild Cats Of The World" also states "...unlike the bladelike teeth of the saber-toothed cats, the canines of the clouded leopard are more rounded in cross section...".  Servals are slender felids with long legs (longest legs of any cat for its size), small heads, and large ears.  They are excellent rodent hunters, and will grab birds out of the air.  "Wild Cats Of The World" states "Servals are prodigious leapers, with jumping abilities equal to those of the caracal.  A single pounce may span 3.6 meters, and they have been seen leaping 2 to 3 meters into the air trying to knock down a bird or an insect in flight."  In regards to feeding, the book also states "over 90 percent of the serval's diet consists of prey weighing less than 200 grams...".  The clouded leopard has a stockier, more powerful build than the serval and is capable of dealing with larger prey items to a much higher degree.  The clouded leopard can hold its own against almost any animal in its weight range, but a serval will need a decent weight advantage to be favored against many other predatory animals.  A serval isn't a pushover, but it's not on the clouded leopard's level (even at parity).  The clouded leopard might not be able to catch the serval if it runs, but once contact is made, the clouded leopard will dominate positioning and land the more significant bites.  Clouded leopard wins.    

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

Questions regarding animal conflicts within realistic or unrealistic settings are welcome; my strength lies in medium-to-large species. Small animals (including birds of prey), prehistoric animals, sea creatures, and domestic dog breeds are usually within my scope, but to a lesser degree. I can't confidently answer hypothetical questions about human vs animal, arachnids, insects, or amphibians, but I am willing to field them nonetheless.

From a young age, I have been interested in animals. Starting with the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and World Book Encyclopedias, I have seen many animal shows and documentaries and have read multiple books on the subject. I have a solid understanding of the physiology of many animals and interspecies conflict in general.

Associate degree in unrelated field; biology classes in college.