Interviewing Tips/Esthetics job

Question
Hello :) my question is in regards to applying for a new job as an esthetician . I've been working as a cosmetologist in a salon / spa for four years I've been working in the salon as a stylist and in the soa as an esthetician. I'm currently going to be going interviews for jobs solely as an esthetician doing skincare. As an esthetician we are required to wear  gloves only during the extraction part if the facial. I personally don't think this is sanitary and also my skin gets irritated sometimes after working too long with certain products. Mostly I have been just wearing gloves the whole time during all my facials and noone ever questioned me.My question is if I shld mention this in my interviews... I don't want to make it sound like this is a problem but I don't want to not mention it in case it is.  Is there a way I can say it that will sound on? Thanks for any advice

Answer
Linda,
When in the interview process ask about the protocols/procedures related to the process which should include the basics of wearing the gloves.  At that point, inquire, "Would you be open to wearing gloves throughout the process?"  Wait for reply.  Depending on the answer will depend on your next reply.  If they state they only require during extraction; then add that you have sensitive skin and require the use of the gloves throughout the process and ask if that is permissible.  It is going to be in how you ask and how you set-up your specific needs that will result in a positive response.  Good luck!  Denise Anne Taylor

Interviewing Tips

Denise Anne Taylor