Interviewing Tips/Fear when preparing for a new job

Dear Sir,

I have been in my current job for 10 years, so I have a fear when applying for a new job now.

May I ask this question?

I'm a journalist/editor and am applying for a senior PR position at a telephone company (let's say its name is ABC). On the one hand, I'm confident that I may find it comfortable to deal with other journalists. On the other, I don't know about the 'jargons' and internal working atmosphere at that company. So I'm afraid I will be caught in the interview, if I am lucky to be shortlisted.

What should I do?

Thank you

You can begin by ensuring you research each company, utilizing the internet, to gain a greater understanding of the organization.  As you research, many times, you will find reviews by current and former employees as to the work environment and management style.

Confidence is a core component of gaining success in the interview process.  Jargon and corporate culture come from the experience in that particular environment.  During the interview be sure to take notes and jot down any key words or phrases you hear repeatedly for use in future conversations with the team.

More importantly be able to communicate the contribution you can make to the organizations future goals and objectives.  With ten year's of background; you should be more than ready to take on the challenge of a new work environment.  Just be yourself and remember this is your future, this is your new beginning and this is your time to shine.  Good luck!  Denise Anne Taylor

Interviewing Tips

Denise Anne Taylor

aka CAREERMEDIC (TM), a Career Coach with the background to DIAGNOSE. HEAL. REVIVE. your career. Job Search Strategies | Career Transition | Job Interview Coaching/Strategy | Resume Development/Review

Bespoke career services tailored to your needs. Business Etiquette, Job Interview Strategy, Your Job Search, and Career Transition Services have been provided to private clientele, major corporations, educational institutions, and associations throughout the United States.

The Best of MichBusiness, Advisory Board Member 2014-2016 Metro Detroit Chapter of UN Women, Member 2013-2016 Women of Tomorrow, Mentor 2013-2016 Michigan Business and Professional Association, 101 Best and Brightest Companies, Advisory Board Member 2005-2014

Bachelor of Science, Communications, Oakland University, Rochester Hills, MI Certified-Business Etiquette and International Protocol, The Protocol School of Washington

Startup Weekend Detroit-Winner, Crowd Favorite 2015