Interviewing Tips/assessment

I have to take an in box assessment. The test will include situations where you are a manger and you have to answer e-mails you receive in an 8 hour day in priority. There will be chart and graph and different situations.

Do you have anything that can help prepare for this assessment?

Dear Tim:

The best thing I can tell you is read carefully and remember, they are looking for someone being "cool" in this situation and a person who can answer the emails according to what needs answered right away and what can wait.  So, your judgement is being evaluated.

Also, the email itself should be cordial, spelled correctly, and above all give the correct information in a correct and brief format.  Email writing is an art and the key here is:  give the information, be polite, and do it as quickly as possible.

Warmly, R. Butler

Interviewing Tips

Ruth Butler

I will answer questions about resumes and how to do well on an interview. I am a former employment counselor and I have owned my own resume and career counseling business since 1982.

I have over 24 years of experience in this field. One of my greatest achievements was being asked to serve on the Employment Services Committee of our local outreach. I also conduct workshops and am a guest speaker at many schools and for our local outreach.