Interviewing Tips/consulting

Dear RB,
I will retire soon and have excellent mechanical design skills. I will leave a pretty big hole in my organizations various projects and want to offer my services, but from home. What would the best way be to approach the subject? In my letter of retirement? Prior to that? What is the best timing? I do not want to show my hand too soon. Seems a bit risky, Sincerely, Dick Schlueter

Dear Richard:

I would wait until your official retirement is made known and then let your clients and employers know that you would like to offer your services from home.

Perhaps right now you can develop some type of brochure advertising what type of services you would offer.  In that way, you would have something ready when your retirement is announced.

After retirement, keep in contact via email or phone and try to stay in the loop so you can generate work.

Warmly, R. Butler

Interviewing Tips

Ruth Butler

I will answer questions about resumes and how to do well on an interview. I am a former employment counselor and I have owned my own resume and career counseling business since 1982.

I have over 24 years of experience in this field. One of my greatest achievements was being asked to serve on the Employment Services Committee of our local outreach. I also conduct workshops and am a guest speaker at many schools and for our local outreach.