Interviewing Tips/interview

Question
Hi I had a phone interview last Friday for an Financial advisor position. The interviewer told me that he is going to approve me for the next step. Before that I had 3 -4 assessments that I passed and I believe they were also conducting background check. How long does it usually takes for a company to email back for the next step because its already Tuesday and I still haven't heard anything from them. thanks

Answer
Hi Gary,

Ideally the interviewer should have given you a timeline for the next step (or remember to ask next time). I would wait for three business days and then follow up. They should be able to give you an update or at least give you a timeline. Say that you don't mean to pester anyone, but you wanted to reiterate your interest and follow up on the status of your application. Bear in mind that if something has changed within the company it may take longer to give you an update.

Some companies have a long recruiting process so try not to get frustrated with the process. If the job is to your liking, the process will be worth it.

Thanks
Deepa

Interviewing Tips

Deepa Barve, CIR