Interviewing Tips/Answering an Interview Question

Question
I was asked to resign or face termination by my boss. I believe that there was undue reason for that but I resigned anyway.I applied for unemployment benefits. My employer filed for an appeal initially, but withdrew it on the date of the appeal. So I received unemployment benefits, and went back to school and finished. I am now more employable than before and have an interview this week. My question is, should I tell my potential employer that I was asked to resign? Or should it make my life simple if I just tell them I left my previous job to study?

Answer
Leila,

Regarding your previous employer and your impending job interview.  Avoid creating any response that could hamper your progress.  Simply stated, you desired to finish and round out your schooling and you and your employer agreed that a move in a different direction would be a better fit with your overall career goals and objectives.  Avoid any complicated response; keep it short and simple as noted.

This is a suggestion, you may find useful regarding the resignation/termination scenario you have mentioned.  Thank you and good luck!  Denise Anne Taylor

Interviewing Tips

Denise Anne Taylor