Interviewing Tips/How to ask company to wait after verbal offer

KP Croft wrote at 2015-01-13 02:33:34
Hi Jonathan, as exciting as this opportunity might have seemed, from what you've told us, the hiring manager sounds unprofessional.  Any professional would never put you on the spot like that.  As a recruiter, I always told my candidates to tell the company that "I'm very interested in this opportunity and I hope you'll understand that i'd like to take XX amount of time (1 or 2 days) to discuss it with my spouse/think about it/take a look at my budget"...I think passing up this opportunity was a blessing in disguise.  Please take a look at my Mastering the Job Interview video on YouTube along with my other career videos.  http://youtu.be/897lXdVKawU

I also have a book available on Kindle: Job Hunt by KP Croft

Interviewing Tips

Ruth Butler