Interviewing Tips/nose piercing and interviews

Question
I currently work at a vet clinic as a veterinary technician. I am moving to a different city in a week and am currently looking for new animal clinics to work at. I have my nose freshly pierced with a small stud and wondered if I should take it out for interviews, silly question i know, but i just got my nose pierced and can't replace the jewelery with a retainer/spacer, for it will cause infections due to how recent i got my nose done.

Answer
Dear Sara:

If you can take it out, it is best to do so for the interview.  If you do get the position, you will have to ask their policy on nose piercings.

If you cannot take it out, ask their policy and explain when your nose heals, you will be happy to take it out if it is against their policy.

Warmly, R. Butler

Interviewing Tips

Ruth Butler