Interviewing Tips/Multiple job offers

Question
I realize this isn't exactly in your ideal field of question but I really hope you can try and help me.
I received three job offers today. I have the excuse of having been out of my city all day but, to be honest, I need 2-3 days to decide which job I want to take. Is there a good way I can explain this to the employers without them taking back their job offer?

Answer
Dear Kes:

It is usually expected that a candidate will take a bit of time to make a decision.  With that being said, you need to be enthusiastic and appreciative.  Ask for a specific amount of time, and give a specific date.  You could answer something like this:

"I greatly appreciate this offer and I'm really excited about working with your company. I wonder if I could have until Wednesday to get back to you on this opportunity?"

If a company tries to hardball you into giving an answer, it is a red flag.

Stay true to your deadline, or risk the offer being withdrawn.

Warmly, R. Butler

Interviewing Tips

Ruth Butler