Interviewing Tips/I don't have an impressive background!

Question
Ugh, I never thought I'ld be back searching for work again at 60yrs of age! I've never had to write a resume as I always just filled out applications. Times have changes! My problem lies in a background that is not impressive in today's world. I got married straight out of high school so I don't have a impressive college degree. For years we moved around a lot since my husband was in the service, so there are quite a few employment gaps. Most employment would be considered simple PT jobs for a little extra spending money, like waitressing, house cleaning etc. After the marriage ended & the kids left home I got my CDL drivers license & took a position as a big rig truck driver. I thought that would last me till retirement but I had to quit driving after 7 yrs having developed job related health issues. Now I'm searching for a non-physical office position & am currently learning Office skills online which I will receive a certificate for when finished.
Can you recommend how to form a resume for someone like me? How far back does my employment history have to go? Some of the  companies aren't even there any more for verification so do I still list them on applications? I see there are lots of resume building websites but they all have examples for people with professional backgrounds . Is there any hope for me? thanks again for anything you can do Ruth.

Answer
Dear Christine:

So sorry for the extreme delay in answering your question.  It landed in spam.

A resume only has to go back 10 years.  When was the last year you worked driving a truck?  What have you been doing since then?

As soon as I get your answer,I will figure out a plan. Warmly, R. Butler

Interviewing Tips

Ruth Butler