Interviewing Tips/how to interview

I have an interview coming up, and one of the most common questions in an interview is why you're leaving previous. One of my major reasons is many of my job duties got shifted to 2 new people, one who was hired right out of college and one who has advanced degrees in a different field. They are to check my work. I've had to train them on various things about what we do for them to get to my level. I have been doing this exact same job for years. I no longer do the analysis and data management, only entry now. How can I explain all of this in an interview without sounding like I'm complaining?

Hope this gets to you in time.

The question landed in spam.

You can explain exactly what you just told me - almost!  Explain job duties became shifted and you have been placed doing entry.  You can attribute this to budget cuts, new policy, whatever....but be logical and matter of fact.  Don't appear too emotional or angry.  Explain that due to this shift, you feel you have nowhere to advance to and it is time for a change.

R. Butler

Interviewing Tips

Ruth Butler

I will answer questions about resumes and how to do well on an interview. I am a former employment counselor and I have owned my own resume and career counseling business since 1982.

I have over 24 years of experience in this field. One of my greatest achievements was being asked to serve on the Employment Services Committee of our local outreach. I also conduct workshops and am a guest speaker at many schools and for our local outreach.