Inventing New Products/Inventions/FDA

Question
Marty I will be packaging a specialty sauce and looking to put it on the shelf for consumers local first then hopefully with good marketing nationwide. My question for this product do I have to register it with the FDA right away before I sell one bottle, or does it go by the volume of product sold?

Answer
Hi Jerry,

It's right away.  The FDA approves the safety of food products before they are put out on the market.  Unless you DON'T get FDA approval.  There are many products out there that say on the label that "This Product is NOT FDA approved."  You can imagine that it would turn off a large section of your target market if they saw that on the label. It's up to you if you want to risk it.  I would suggest that you look into getting FDA approval to mitigate your risk and possibility for lawsuits.

Best of luck Jerry!

Cheers,

Marty McCrea

Inventing New Products/Inventions

Marty McCrea