Inventing New Products/Inventions/Invention (patent)

Sir, I believe I've come up with an idea that could be patented but I need investors as I myself don't have the funds to get this off the ground. Would you be able to help me get in contact with anyone who might be interested in a venture such as this? Kind regards. Wim Marais.

Hi Wim,

Your best bet is to get integrated with your local venture capital or angel investor scene. Get to know who the players are, who is funding startups, who you may want as a partner (investor),  etc. You will want to work on your "pitch" until you feel you have a nice presentation with a compelling reason to invest. You should be able to explain why somebody would buy your product (or service), why it is better than competing products, what it costs to produce, what the wholesale / retail prices are, and what the payback on investment could be.  

Inventing New Products/Inventions

Ryan Gray

I would like to field questions that relate to the process of designing and developing new manufactured products. I have strong experience in product design, product development, product engineering, manufacturing, project management of product development projects, and feasibility analysis of concepts.

I have worked for fortune 500 business in new product development (NPD) roles, and also am co-founder of a business that is focused on helping businesses develop new products. This means I understand the business context of product development as well as the technical resources required to get a concept through design, prototyping, design for manufacture, and cost optimization.

Kickstand Idaho: Board of Directors

"The Lean Startup" by Eric Ries

Oregon State University: BS Wood / Fiber Science Wharton School of Business: Executive Education

"Spirit of Continuing Innovation Award" from TechHelp Idaho, a NIST Manufacturing Extension Partnership, April 2013.

TechHelp L & H Industrial LiFoam Industries WMD Tech JLS Automation Weyerhaeuser 2A Armament FAMCO Ear Hero ATTCO, Inc Eberlestock Global Mining Equipment Promoto Billet / Fastway Battle Sports Science Alpha Scooter and Skate Meyer Industries Sloan Security Group Loon Outdoors U-Grokit Miltech Boice Box Pedal Boards Motive Power