Inventing New Products/Inventions/Combining two existing products to sell as one

I have an idea to combine two existing products sold on the market today and package them together as one under a new product name. The products inside the package would still bare the name of the name brand. I am just putting them together to sell as one.
Is that possible?
Do I need to get permission or licensing from the existing product manufacturer?
If all is possible how can I protect this product from being duplicated?
Thank you for your time in reading and hopefully responding to it.

This is a tricky question relative to can you get a patent on combining 2+ products of another company. The first question is are these products patented. Do the products have markings regarding patents?
You really need to read the important chapters in "Patent it yourself" by David Pressman regarding patentability. These chapters will be invaluable in guiding which way to go.
I am presently selling a product that combines the patented products of others and will get a patent concerning how I combine them. I used Pressman to write my own patent and you can do the same.
Good Luck,

Inventing New Products/Inventions

Barry Farris

How to protect your idea and save money. Who to trust and who not to deal with. Investors, lawyers and other folks who may or may not be your friend. How to figure out if your idea makes economic sense before you waste your time and money. Deal points with a license deal. Answer for should you build a company around your idea or license it out. How to get competitive information.

I have about 2 dozen issued and pending patents and make some really money along the way. I been inventing full time since 1989. I have learned how to write my own pending patents without a law degree. I have earned a prize in an international product design competition.

Various independent inventors groups

US Patent Office

I have a BS from San Jose State.

Awards from the US Dept of Energy and Medical Device Design Competition.

Companies ranging from $10 billion to 200 million, but I signed secrecy agreements.