Inventing New Products/Inventions/patent

Question
I have my invention with another company that is helping me to get a manufacture. My product is to help the blind. I don't have a patent and I am paying money every month, but no results. I send information about the product out to companies every month seem like and still haven't gotten a response. So what do I need to do to secure my product. Everything has been done except find a buyer or a manufacturer. Can you help me. My product is to be used for personal use, in schools to assist the blind. To purchase in stores where electronics are sold.

Answer
Morning Lisa Roby,

Question:

Is the company you sent your money to listed on www.inventored.org/caution/extreme
or not? If not, can you send me it's name as I may have already researched it for other inventors so will have information which might assist you. And, who knows, if there have been complaints and/or lawsuits against them, there may be a way to get your monies back or at least a portion of them if you can prove some sort of a material breach in your contract.

OK, to your post:

You wrote:
1. I have my invention with another company that is helping me to get a manufacture. My product is to help the blind. I don't have a patent and I am paying money every month, but no results.

a) Yikes! Likely you're stuck in a contract? I don't like the sound of that but it has a very, very familiar ring. What is the Contract expiration date and when did you sign it?

b) Do you have to pay between $6,000 - $18,000 (by the month and/or did they finance you?)

2. I send information about the product out to companies every month seem like and still haven't gotten a response.

a) You send it? Yikes! What is the company you paid doing then if you're the one contacting companies?

3. So what do I need to do to secure my product. Everything has been done except find a buyer or a manufacturer. Can you help me. My product is to be used for personal use, in schools to assist the blind. To purchase in stores where electronics are sold.

a) Not sure what type of company you're looking for. However, since your product would be sold in electronics stores, likely it has electronics so you need a manufacturer with an electronics division (software programmers) willing to put up its money, resources, etc to launch your product into the marketplace directly or through vendors.  

Here's what I just did: I went to Google looking for software for the blind. It came up with
http://www.braillebookstore.com. It's an online retail store selling software, obviously, focused on the blind. I checked out one item of software it sells. I found the name of the designing/manufacturer of it as follows (now check out all the other software on that site for manufacturer names) :  

Marvelsoft Enterprises Inc.
Craig Faris, corporate secretary (the only contact name listed)
2190 Dolphin Cres
Abbotsford, BC V2T 3T1, Canada
(604) 854-6641
800-987-1231

Check out:
www.kurzweiledu.com
and
http://www.blindsoftware.com/

Now try www.abledata.com/abledata.cfm  - It carries the names of companies who may be able to help. They also freely help find resource names. Able Data is "it" as far as servicing those with disabilities in the US.  

Hope that helps,

Penny  

Inventing New Products/Inventions

Penny Ballou