Inventing New Products/Inventions/Thinking idea to idea

Question
Hi Marty,

I've been thinking of too many new products and can't decide on which would be the right one. I know they're not bad ones because later i discover ideas the same or similar to mine got highly funded on Kickstarter. I keep an ideas journal, however, it seems that i'm losing confidence in my ideas page since every time i put some on that page i find someone else doing it, or myself not doing anything about them.   

How do i decide which ones are worth focusing on. I have a sense that the problem may have been having too many and not sticking to anyone for long enough to develop all aspects of it.  However if i start doing that to all of my ideas i would simply not get around to doing anything but research and sketches.  

Is there some easy way to spot customer value among many ideas? Take the bicycle app or the tile app on the website below. As I was doing research and found something similar online in my mind the idea instantly lost value and i moved on to the next idea on my list. In contrast what would the people who actually developed these ideas have done differently?   http://startup-365.tumblr.com/

I have a business background which would hopefully help things move along if i can find out what i'm doing wrong between idea and execution...or rather idea and idea.

Thanks

Answer
Hi Sunny,

You are in a very common place.  What yo have to do now is validate the market.  That will uncover data that you can use to refine the direction you want to go and help you choose the idea with the most propensity for success.  

http://drrobadams.com/books/

Check out "If You Build It, Will They Come"

The world is changing.  It is no longer who comes up with an idea and patents it, it is who comes up with an idea and can execute on it the quickest in the most impactful way.  Read this book, this will evolve your way of thinking Sunny.  

Also, Google "market validation" and let your brain soak up as much information as you can.

Best of luck and happy inventing!!

Inventing New Products/Inventions

Marty McCrea