Inventing New Products/Inventions/New Board Game

Dear Mr. McCrea,

I have invented a new Christian Board Game and have a working prototype ready to present. I finished it less than a month ago. I researched my idea before I started building it and found nothing like it out there. It's been tested and is ready to go. I have spoken with the patent office and have called my local bar association, with no avail. I am on a VERY fixed income and therefore money is an issue. I have no idea where to go from here. What would you suggest? Can you help me? Who do I need to look out for? Don't really know what to do from here. I'm just a small fish in a big pond and have no clue. Thank You for your time. Sincerely, Tammy

Hi Tammy,

What research have you done to answer that question?  Have you found books, have you read website after website from a Google search about "steps to invent a board game"?

It's pretty interesting if you haven’t...

Have you trademarked or copyrighted any of the content yet?  If not, look into that.

What I would suggest is attending the ChiTag conference.  There have been many inventors that have had their idea discovered by very very large gaming companies.

Also google toy trade shows and attend as many of them as you can.  If you are unable to attend, find someone you trust that has a little larger travel budget and have them pitch your idea for you.

The name of the game Tammy is education.  Educate yourself on "HOW" games are launched.  Research Monopoly.  Google case studies and read them.  Take notes and learn.  The more you learn, the more fuel you will have for your own path to success.  No one else but you can motivate you to spend hours and hours and hours researching and learning....but YYOU.  How committed are you?  It's all out there for you, go find it!  :)

If you need direction or assistance along the way, please reach out to me.

Happy Inventing!

Marty McCrea

Inventing New Products/Inventions

Marty McCrea

Commercialization of an idea is truly an art form and I'm really good at letting people borrow my paintbrush. Although, it's important to note that you are your own artist, I can't paint what you see in your mind, only you can do that. But I can help. I can answer questions about honing your idea and helping it to become more real in your mind, your research, and within your speaking. I can answer questions about market research, validation, and where to go to make your first contact. My expertise is in answering the large questions that you have into more manageable pieces. I can also assist you in finding the source of the data that you can use to prove and pitch your idea if that's the path that you're on.

In my opinion, the current way to invent is inherently flawed. Regular people like us normally get “eaten up” by the proverbial sharks in the water. (corporations, invention submission companies, lawyers, etc)

We can not stand for this any longer; you feel this too, yes?

I have helped people think and re-think their ideas for years. Nobel Prize Winner Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi once said that "Discovery consists of seeing what everybody else has seen, and thinking what no one has thought." I agree with this truth with all of my heart. Now let's talk about your question, your passion, and how I can help your idea gain momentum if it is ready. If your idea is not ready for the market yet, I'll help you determine how you can get ready.

Bachelors of Arts in Organizational Communication from the University of Northern Iowa Masters of Science in Technology Commercialization from the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin