Inventing New Products/Inventions/who to approach with my idea

Question
I have an idea for a product. Its only an idea though. I dont have the funds OR the technical know how, to build a working example. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of anywhere i can go (without them asking for a fee) that could get my idea to the proper people. Or how i can approach the proper manufacturers with my idea, without them simply taking my idea as there own. Thank you.

Answer
Hi Eddie,

You are at the very beginning of a really challenging but fun experience, if you choose it.  The answer to your question is kind of.  Let me explain, never go to an invention submission company.  For one, they charge a fee, for two, most of them are scams.  Google to search if there are any inventor's groups in your city and then attend a meeting.  There you can talk and mingle and ask as many questions as you want.  Also read.  Get these books.  You don't have to buy them, you can find them at your local library.  Get them and read them.  Take notes.  Actively read them thinking all the while as you read about your idea and what you just read makes you think of in relation to your idea.  Refine it.  Learn about it.

http://drrobadams.com/books/

http://www.inventright.com/learn-how-to-bring-your-ideas-to-market

Keep going.  Always be curious and seek the resources to teach yourself what you need to do next.  The more information you soak up, the more confidence, connections and capital you will have and have access to so your idea can live loud through you.

Let me know if you have any questions along the way and Happy Inventing!

Cheers,

Marty McCrea

Inventing New Products/Inventions

Marty McCrea