Inventing New Products/Inventions/Prototyping

I have an invention idea,sausage tongs.What kinds of mold or foam,can I buy to try and prototype my idea?

Hi Jennifer,

There is no one type of mold or foam.  What I would suggest is going to a store like Home Depot and wandering through the isles looking for materials that will suit your needs to build a prototype.  I know this is not the answer you were looking for, but it's one of your best options.

I would also look into 3d printing your tongs.  Check this out: . This is in Austin, TX however there are many of these cooperative and creative spaces all over the country.  See if there is one in your city.

I hope this information helps Jennifer.  Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Cheers and happy inventing!

Marty McCrea

Inventing New Products/Inventions

Marty McCrea

Commercialization of an idea is truly an art form and I'm really good at letting people borrow my paintbrush. Although, it's important to note that you are your own artist, I can't paint what you see in your mind, only you can do that. But I can help. I can answer questions about honing your idea and helping it to become more real in your mind, your research, and within your speaking. I can answer questions about market research, validation, and where to go to make your first contact. My expertise is in answering the large questions that you have into more manageable pieces. I can also assist you in finding the source of the data that you can use to prove and pitch your idea if that's the path that you're on.

In my opinion, the current way to invent is inherently flawed. Regular people like us normally get “eaten up” by the proverbial sharks in the water. (corporations, invention submission companies, lawyers, etc)

We can not stand for this any longer; you feel this too, yes?

I have helped people think and re-think their ideas for years. Nobel Prize Winner Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi once said that "Discovery consists of seeing what everybody else has seen, and thinking what no one has thought." I agree with this truth with all of my heart. Now let's talk about your question, your passion, and how I can help your idea gain momentum if it is ready. If your idea is not ready for the market yet, I'll help you determine how you can get ready.

Bachelors of Arts in Organizational Communication from the University of Northern Iowa Masters of Science in Technology Commercialization from the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin