Inventing New Products/Inventions/Baby Item

I am sending in a provisional patent for a baby/child item....not a toy but a household necessity.
I want to share my drawings/images with the right people.
In the perfect world I would get a 1x payment and a small % of ea sale.  I see this as a long term item that all parents can's not a novelty item.

Advice? Contacts?  I'm in the Bay Area (CA)

Hi Monica,

What I would do is attend tradeshows where new baby ideas are presented. Get really really good at pitching your idea in under 30 seconds. Check out for example.  After you get your provisional patent, create a very high quality prototype or three to take with you to showcase your idea.  Also, before you go, I would ABSOLUTELY suggest that you contact an IP attorney that specializes in royalty agreements to draft up a royalty agreement for you.  That way if you attend this (or any other) tradeshow and some company wants to include your idea into their product line, you can whip out your contract right there and then.

There are a number of other tradeshows in the Bay area as well.  Just search for them and you will find a variety of ways that you can get your idea out there.  :)

Best of luck Monica and Happy Inventing!

Marty McCrea  

Inventing New Products/Inventions

Marty McCrea

Commercialization of an idea is truly an art form and I'm really good at letting people borrow my paintbrush. Although, it's important to note that you are your own artist, I can't paint what you see in your mind, only you can do that. But I can help. I can answer questions about honing your idea and helping it to become more real in your mind, your research, and within your speaking. I can answer questions about market research, validation, and where to go to make your first contact. My expertise is in answering the large questions that you have into more manageable pieces. I can also assist you in finding the source of the data that you can use to prove and pitch your idea if that's the path that you're on.

In my opinion, the current way to invent is inherently flawed. Regular people like us normally get “eaten up” by the proverbial sharks in the water. (corporations, invention submission companies, lawyers, etc)

We can not stand for this any longer; you feel this too, yes?

I have helped people think and re-think their ideas for years. Nobel Prize Winner Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi once said that "Discovery consists of seeing what everybody else has seen, and thinking what no one has thought." I agree with this truth with all of my heart. Now let's talk about your question, your passion, and how I can help your idea gain momentum if it is ready. If your idea is not ready for the market yet, I'll help you determine how you can get ready.

Bachelors of Arts in Organizational Communication from the University of Northern Iowa Masters of Science in Technology Commercialization from the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin