Inventing New Products/Inventions/Patent

I operate a home daycare.  I do not like the required bumpers in cribs.  I came up with an idea that basically combines the out-dated style and the the new style. I discussed this with an invention company, they told me I was good to go, but they want more money, which is understandable.  After doing a search of this company I am concerned.  I just want to know, is my idea really patentable? or is it infringement?

Forget the invention companies as they are crooks. The only place that can tell you about the patentability is a patent lawyer but they are expensive. I would recommend that you read about filing a provisional patent yourself and that gives you one year to see if your product is a money maker so you can file a regular patent after a year. That is what I do. Good luck with your idea as I know that a safe bumper is sorely needed.

Inventing New Products/Inventions

Barry Farris

How to protect your idea and save money. Who to trust and who not to deal with. Investors, lawyers and other folks who may or may not be your friend. How to figure out if your idea makes economic sense before you waste your time and money. Deal points with a license deal. Answer for should you build a company around your idea or license it out. How to get competitive information.

I have about 2 dozen issued and pending patents and make some really money along the way. I been inventing full time since 1989. I have learned how to write my own pending patents without a law degree. I have earned a prize in an international product design competition.

Various independent inventors groups

US Patent Office

I have a BS from San Jose State.

Awards from the US Dept of Energy and Medical Device Design Competition.

Companies ranging from $10 billion to 200 million, but I signed secrecy agreements.