Inventing New Products/Inventions/Charger or battery

To whoever it may concern,
My friend and I are doing a science fair project into walking sticks for the elderly. We want the walking stick to change lengths, and we were wondering if we should make it battery powered or rechargeable. This project is due soon so you answers are appreciated and needed as soon as possible.

It would be more advantageous to the elderly person using the cane to have it recharge. Most elderly people would not like to go out very often to go buy batteries.  So if you could design a permanent battery that recharges, that would probably be the preferred application.

Good luck and happy inventing!

Marty McCrea  

Inventing New Products/Inventions

Marty McCrea

Commercialization of an idea is truly an art form and I'm really good at letting people borrow my paintbrush. Although, it's important to note that you are your own artist, I can't paint what you see in your mind, only you can do that. But I can help. I can answer questions about honing your idea and helping it to become more real in your mind, your research, and within your speaking. I can answer questions about market research, validation, and where to go to make your first contact. My expertise is in answering the large questions that you have into more manageable pieces. I can also assist you in finding the source of the data that you can use to prove and pitch your idea if that's the path that you're on.

In my opinion, the current way to invent is inherently flawed. Regular people like us normally get “eaten up” by the proverbial sharks in the water. (corporations, invention submission companies, lawyers, etc)

We can not stand for this any longer; you feel this too, yes?

I have helped people think and re-think their ideas for years. Nobel Prize Winner Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi once said that "Discovery consists of seeing what everybody else has seen, and thinking what no one has thought." I agree with this truth with all of my heart. Now let's talk about your question, your passion, and how I can help your idea gain momentum if it is ready. If your idea is not ready for the market yet, I'll help you determine how you can get ready.

Bachelors of Arts in Organizational Communication from the University of Northern Iowa Masters of Science in Technology Commercialization from the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin