Inventing New Products/Inventions/Registering a US provisional patent whilst in another country

Question
How are you? I want to register a US provisional patent. l understand filling electronically costs $65. What l want to find out is if there are any other costs involved for someone like me who is filling from outside the US.
Thank you.

Answer
Hi there,

Off the top of my head I do not believe there would be other costs.

However, you should definitely check with your country's patent office first before you file as most of them have a law stating one must first file in that country before filing foreign.

Having said that, it's not as though you're filing for a formal Utility patent merely an Application offering little protection other than its Filing date, so it may not apply. I am just not totally sure hence why you should check with your country's patent office or whichever body represents your country (if it does not have a patent office), such as the Euro patent office, etc.

Regards
Penny Ballou  

Inventing New Products/Inventions

Penny Ballou