Inventing New Products/Inventions/Investigatory Project

Good day sir, I'm a 10th grader. I have a hard time thinking about what to do in our IP. I don't have any single ideas yet. I am kindly asking for your help, can you give me some small ideas? Just bits and parts of an idea. I'm looking for an invention/product that haven't been found out yet. I might be asking too much but I really need some help. Thank you so much kind sir

Hi Ivy,

I would rather teach you how to fish to eat for a lifetime rather than give you one fish for one dinner. to invent?

The basis of all invention os solving a problem, making an existing process or product simpler, more refined, or better in some way or coming up with something never before seen and totally new, useful or revolutionary.  

So the way to do this is teach your mind to be flexible and hungry for adaptation.

For example, say that someone works at a call center and they are on the phone all day long.  They have a headset that fits over the ears and it has hard plastic on it and their ears hurt every day after work.  An inventor would look at the problem and say, "How do I eliminate this person's pain?  So they would start thinking.  Ok, I could re-design the headset to fit more ergonomically over the human head in such a way to not push on the ears with such a great pressure.  Or I could design some kind of soft pads that go over the hard plastic, maybe like a foam substance.  Which would be easier?  Ok, the pads, I'll look at that.  Then get a headset and go to a hobby store and buy some foam and start to make crude prototypes to test your design.

The next way to invent is being a futurist.  To be this type of inventor, you need to look at the larger trends of life.  Look at the flow of the human journey into technology.  Ask yourself, “What will we need in the next 5 years?  What about the next 10 or 50 or 100 years.”  Let your brain, mind, muse and soul soar into the unknown.  Don’t pre-judge your ideas; just document every single seemingly stupid and brilliant idea.  Then you investigate each idea for validity.  Ask yourself, why would we need this?  What would the impact be if this idea were to be available to human beings?

There are countless ways to invent.  You have to be introspective enough to determine which inventor you not only want to be but which type of inventor were you BORN to be!

I hope this helps.  Please let me know if you have questions along the way.

Marty McCrea  

Inventing New Products/Inventions

Marty McCrea

Commercialization of an idea is truly an art form and I'm really good at letting people borrow my paintbrush. Although, it's important to note that you are your own artist, I can't paint what you see in your mind, only you can do that. But I can help. I can answer questions about honing your idea and helping it to become more real in your mind, your research, and within your speaking. I can answer questions about market research, validation, and where to go to make your first contact. My expertise is in answering the large questions that you have into more manageable pieces. I can also assist you in finding the source of the data that you can use to prove and pitch your idea if that's the path that you're on.

In my opinion, the current way to invent is inherently flawed. Regular people like us normally get “eaten up” by the proverbial sharks in the water. (corporations, invention submission companies, lawyers, etc)

We can not stand for this any longer; you feel this too, yes?

I have helped people think and re-think their ideas for years. Nobel Prize Winner Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi once said that "Discovery consists of seeing what everybody else has seen, and thinking what no one has thought." I agree with this truth with all of my heart. Now let's talk about your question, your passion, and how I can help your idea gain momentum if it is ready. If your idea is not ready for the market yet, I'll help you determine how you can get ready.

Bachelors of Arts in Organizational Communication from the University of Northern Iowa Masters of Science in Technology Commercialization from the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin