We have a niece who is in an extended education in Belfast. We would like to go over and spend some time with her in May and would also like to see more of Ireland as well. What do you suggest?

How lovely that you are going to visit your niece in Ireland this May. Since that date is approaching fast, you need to start your planning immediately. Here are a few links and articles to jump-start your trip:

Plan Your Trip to Ireland in Ten Easy Steps:

How Much Does a Trip to Ireland Cost?:

Getting Started:

Basically you need:

Your dates
Airfare or other transport
Car rental reservations or public transportation options
Accommodation reservations

Be aware that the first Monday in May is a long Bank Holiday weekend. That means May 3 - 6 will be busy in popular places like Galway.

If you need help with planning you can get free answers to your questions on my Ireland Travel Forum:

For in depth help with planning an itinerary to Ireland:

Hope you have a great trip to Ireland!

Michele Erdvig
Ireland Travel Expert
Michele's Book "Ireland Dream Trip":
Michele's FREE Ireland Travel Forum:
Michele's Ireland Travel Blog:
Michele's Irish Shop:*  

Michele Erdvig

I have visited Ireland 50 times since 1973 and know the Emerald Isle like the back of my hand. That`s why everyone calls me the “Ireland Expert”. Besides writing a book about Ireland called “IRELAND DREAM TRIP” - formerly "BEST LITTLE GUIDE TO IRELAND" - (which I update yearly and is now in its 20th edition) I also plan customized itineraries to Ireland for my clients. I really enjoy helping others plan their trips to the Emerald Isle and I love answering thousands of questions at various travel forums dedicated to Ireland. I have a forum at`ve produced a web site to help people planning a trip to Ireland. "IRELAND YES" can be visited at: My favorites list for Ireland follows and may help you plan your trip...MICHELE`S IRELAND TOP 10 LIST... 1. Cliffs of Moher (Co. Clare) 2. Dingle Peninsula (Co. Kerry) 3. Killarney Area (Co. Kerry) 4. Kenmare (Co. Kerry) 5. Connemara (Co. Galway) 6. Kinsale (Co. Cork) 7. Kilkenny (Co. Kilkenny) 8. Cashel (Co. Tipperary) 9. Glendalough & Powerscourt (Co. Wicklow) 10. Giant`s Causeway (No. Ireland)... I really know my stuff so if you have any TRAVEL REALTED QUESTIONS about Ireland I`m the person to ask!

AUTHOR: "Ireland Dream Trip" & "Best Little Guide to Ireland": ~ ~ ~ CUSTOM IRELAND ITINERARIES: ~ ~ ~ "IRELAND EXPERT": ~ ~ ~ ASK MICHELE IRELAND TRAVEL FORUM: ~ ~ ~ IRELAND YES: ~ ~ ~ IRELAND DISCOUNTS: ~ ~ ~

Certified by Tourism Ireland as an Ireland Travel Expert Over 38 years experience in Ireland travel