Irrigation/cistern waterproofing

wener wrote at 2013-02-16 18:26:16
The Virgin Islands building code mandates rainwater cisterns for all buildings, the majority of cisterns are reinf concrete, with ususally several coats of Thoro Seal, Vandex or similar water barrier coatings are applied, They work good except with the storage of soft rainwater the coatings are eaten/the cement cvomponets are dissolved after some years,and needs recoating. I personally am researching products that do not react to the soft water as I also have a leaking cistern, and like you I was considering expoy coatings, but have my reservations.  

Jeff Wooten

All aspects of residential and commercial irrigation design, maintenance and troubleshooting.

I have worked as a Parks Department supervisor for 28 years. I have experience with all phases of irrigation projects from planning, designing, construction, and maintenance for both residential landscapes, commercial landscapes and large spaces such as parks.