Irrigation/Toro DDC-6 Controller issue

Question
I have a Toro DDC-6 controller which is around 4-5 yrs old. The screen was suddenly blank one day. Thinking the battery died, I replaced the battery. However, if I turn on the AC adapter, funny signals and symbols pop up and then goes blank. If I turn the AC adapter off and only have the battery, it works fine and you can set it all up. Once you turn the adapter on, it stuffs it up again. I have tried resetting as well.

Do you have any suggestions?

Answer
Hey Stephen, check you transformer and see if it is putting out the correct voltage. In the U.S. it should be reading between 22 to 26 volts. I am not sure if it is the same as in Australia. If the transformer is putting out the correct voltage, then the micro-processor or led display is bad, and you need to replace the controller. If the transformer is not putting out the correct voltage, then you need to replacd the transformer. good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer