Irrigation/irrigation controller

I have an irritrol rd-600 that works fine except it only outputs 15 vac to each station. The transformer outputs 24 vac. I have attached other transformers with the same results...any suggestions? Replaced 9 volt battery, did a factory default per instructions, no help. I need a controller that will operate 3 valves at one this, my old Hardie 6100 does this with no problem.

Hey George, are you getting 15 volts at the controller or at the valves? If you are only getting 15 volts at the controller (with the field wires disconnected), then you have a defective controller and need to have it repaired or replaced. If you are getting 24 volts at the controller, but only 15 volts out at the valves, then it coulod be a wiring problem, or a solenoid problem. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.