Irrigation/RC-7A rainbird system with a section not switching off

I have a rainbird RC-7A with a current problem.

I'm having difficult in fixing the problem. The first section will start when I turn on the main water supply.  When the system is turned to Auto the section will not switch off even though the next section will start.

Do you have a diagram that can explain the problem and what needs to be replaced?

Hey nick, the problem you have is with the automatic valve out in the field somewhere, and not in the controller. What you need to do is locate the valve that is staying on all the time and either rebuild it or replace it. Go to, and on this website it will explain how to fix the valve or replace the valve. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.