Irrigation/Drip Emitters

Valve is a 1" Irritrol, drip line is 1/2" Poly, approx. 170' long how many 2 GPH emitters can I utilize on that line? 2nd question - I have an existing area with PVC pipe and spray heads that I want to temporarily change to drip. Can I plug all of the heads except one and install a pressure reducing valve where the spray head used to be and then install an adapter for the drip system? Thank you in advance for your answer.

Hey Bill, I would figure you could get about 5 GPM (gallons per minute) out of your valve which would be 300 GPH(gallons per hour). That way you could put about 150-2GPH emitters on that one line. You can also just cap the heads and adapt one head with the pressure reducer just like you suggested. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.